Jazz shops in Paris

djcavanagh

I'm off to Paris this weekend and if I can lose the wife for a couple of hours might be able to have a look around. I've been before so know where the FNAC and Virgin stores are but does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Denis

If you stick to FNAC and Virgin, the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Elysees is better stocked than the FNAC store on the Champs-Elysees.

The FNAC Ternes, at 26-30 Avenue des Ternes, has a much better jazz selection. It is located just north of the Champs-Elysees. Good luck if you visit the stores on Saturday afternoon :crazy:

If you look at the older links, there's a reference to a Jusseau Music. That's a place I like. Great selection and lots of used stuff. Easily accessible from the Metro.

It's Jussieu Music.

It was a great place with a friendly young man taking care of the jazz store. He is gone and so is the old friendly atmosphere.

The people in charge of the jazz store are into their music and computer and don't seem to pay much attention to the customers. The selection nowadays is less impressive than it used to be!

Bought a lot from the store. Not anymore :(

If you look at the older links, there's a reference to a Jusseau Music. That's a place I like. Great selection and lots of used stuff. Easily accessible from the Metro.

It's Jussieu Music.

It was a great place with a friendly young man taking care of the jazz store. He is gone and so is the old friendly atmosphere.

The people in charge of the jazz store are into their music and computer and don't seem to pay much attention to the customers. The selection nowadays is less impressive than it used to be!

Bought a lot from the store. Not anymore :(

Sorry for the misspelling Brownie. Too bad about the place. I also remember a place nearby up a slight hill but I went there on a Monday and it was closed. Any good?

I also remember a place nearby up a slight hill but I went there on a Monday and it was closed. Any good?

That store is CrocoJazz! At the top of the Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, just before the Place du Panthéon. Great place run by a good friend Gilles who has an excellent knowledge of everything jazz and also wine!

It is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Lots of listening plus winetasting sessions have been held there! Quite a good mix which makes the walk down the steep Rue easier :P

I also remember a place nearby up a slight hill but I went there on a Monday and it was closed. Any good?

That store is CrocoJazz! At the top of the Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, just before the Place du Panthéon. Great place run by a good friend Gilles who has an excellent knowledge of everything jazz and also wine!

It is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Lots of listening plus winetasting sessions have been held there! Quite a good mix which makes the walk down the steep Rue easier :P

I remember the walk! I tried to find it when we went last but we must have gone on a Monday because it wasn't open. My wife was delighted.

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much browsing I'll get to do. We're only there for the weekend and I'm already in "debt" because we are going to see Andrew Hill on Saturday - as my wife isn't a jazz fan (something of an understatement :( ) I'll be on dodgy ground if I stray too much from the romantic side of Paris.

You never know though...