2006 MLB Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a (concerned) Twins fan and normally wouldn't root for the Tigers but I'll pull for anyone in a series who's not the Yankees. Go Detroit!!

I am also a concerned Twins fan, but I hope the Yankees win, eventually go to the World Series, and get swept by the Met's.

That would really f#&k up the mind of Yankees fans! :g

I'm a (concerned) Twins fan and normally wouldn't root for the Tigers but I'll pull for anyone in a series who's not the Yankees. Go Detroit!!

I am also a concerned Twins fan, but I hope the Yankees win, eventually go to the World Series, and get swept by the Met's.

That would be ultimately sweet but those dern Yankees always seem to find a way to win. I'd say take em out early and often!

That would be ultimately sweet but those dern Yankees always seem to find a way to win. I'd say take em out early and often!

Yes! A thousand times, yes!!!

Aside from the unique and unheralded 2004 collapse, the only time the Yankees have lost in the Torre era is during the first round. Let's hope that Unit's slider is flat and he gets hammered, and that the Gambler brings his "A" game. I saw he has an outstanding home record, so that may help. A wint onite means that the Yanks face elimination with Jaret Wright. Me likey that.

Will this be the first play-off match up of 40 year old pitchers?

Aside from the unique and unheralded 2004 collapse, the only time the Yankees have lost in the Torre era is during the first round.

What about the 2003 World Series against the Marlins?

Quick add: There was also the 2001 W.S. with the Diamondbacks.

Edited by HolyStitt

Aside from the unique and unheralded 2004 collapse, the only time the Yankees have lost in the Torre era is during the first round.

What about the 2003 World Series against the Marlins?

Quick add: There was also the 2001 W.S. with the Diamondbacks.

If I may offer an excuse ... I just ain't too smart since I passed 40! :g

What a sad way to end what? 4 months of superior baseball?

Sorry Twins fans. :(

On the plus side, presuming that the Yankees beat the Tigers, I do think that the A's offer a stiffer challenge. They clearly have the starting pitching to deal with the Yankee bats, and in fact I believe they won the season series pretty easily. The problem is the lineup which can be so anemic. But pitching wins, and the A's finally have a Division Series won.

Congratulations to Oakland! And thank you Twins for a great season!

My original prediction of A's/Padres in the WS may not come to pass. The Mets and Cardinals look stronger than I anticipated.

In other news, Nationals are interested in Braves coach Terry Pendleton for manager. I would like that. Him or Joe Girardi.

Hey big Al, how about Kenny Rogers??? :D I have hated him as well(perhaps not to your level) but to do this to this year's murderer's row is something else. What's the deal with soft tossing lefties shutting out teams in their 40's anyway?

Edited by BERIGAN

Hey big Al, how about Kenny Rogers??? :D I have hated him as well(perhaps not to your level) but to do this to this year's murderer's row is something else. What's the deal with soft tossing lefties shutting out teams in their 40's anyway?

Ah well, whattya gonna do? At least the Yankees are losing.

Rogers was flinging it at 94 last night. I thought he was a soft-tosser but if you can spot your FB at 94 and spin that curve, you'll shut down a lot of lineups.

If Bonderman can hold that lineup one more time, I like their chances against Wright, particularly if Wright does his usual five inning stint.

And Big Al, at least A-Rod is still sucking it raw. :g

Rogers was flinging it at 94 last night. I thought he was a soft-tosser but if you can spot your FB at 94 and spin that curve, you'll shut down a lot of lineups.

I thought he was fluff (from the year he played for the Twins), but he sure was great through out the game.

When he spoke to ESPN after the game, he seemed real, which made me question if this was the guy that was throwing cameras around last year. :P

Seriously, a great start.

It's sad the Twins are out of the playoffs, but at least it was the A's that swept the team. I have family in the bay, so I have a weak spot for the A's.

Hopefully the Twins can find a decent DH and another starting pitcher to fill Radke's spot for next year.

Yeah, but those are about the only weaknesses, and you got through without Radke for a part of the season anyway. A healthy Liriano, an improved Boof, Hunter signed to an extention or just having his option picked up ... really the only thing you need is find a better bat than Rondell White. Twins will have plenty of support from the prognosticators next year.