2006 MLB Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on Radke...Chris Carpenter has come back from a torn Labrum. I know he is younger, but 33 is too young to give up, IMHO...

It is, but according to the salary sheet at baseball-reference he's made at least 52.8 million over his career before agents & taxes. He's married and has a couple of kids who will 8 and 12 next season. I could see spending a year at home with the family and trying to get over the physical pain. Cause right now the kids are at the age where they're fun, but in another couple of the years the oldest won't want him around. ;) Teams are always after pitching, so he'll still get calls. If the pain goes away and he feels the competitive urge he could come back.

I would LOVE to see the Houston win the Central.

Oh yeah, I saw this happening! :crazy:

Stormy NL Central

Morning of Sept. 20

W L GB

Cardinals 80 69 --

Reds 74 77 7

Astros 72 78 8½

Morning of Sept. 27

W L GB

Cardinals 80 76 --

Astros 79 78 1½

Reds 78 79 2½

Edited by BERIGAN

Phils blow another game.

Groan.

Did they?? I just saw the highlights of the game, looks like Ultey hit a 3 run homer, hitting a ball off the fair/foul pole, but it was called a foul ball. Would hate to see a team bounced from the playoffs on a play like that.

Yep, seems to be the latest thing...denying the Phils homers (like Howard's one in the Crawford boxes in Houston that the kid deflected). This one tonight really hurt! From the Phils dugout angle they probably couldn't see this one anyway, hence no argument, or request for a 2nd opinion.

Hey New York Fans:

Gettin a little worried about the pitching staff(s) yet?

Pedro looks very iffy for you Mets fans (I gotta say, that four year contract for Pedro hasn't looked like a good investment this year, and this is only the second year) and Yanks fans have to be concerned about RJ's back acting up.

Hey New York Fans:

Gettin a little worried about the pitching staff(s) yet?

Pedro looks very iffy for you Mets fans (I gotta say, that four year contract for Pedro hasn't looked like a good investment this year, and this is only the second year) and Yanks fans have to be concerned about RJ's back acting up.

Oh boy, you Met fans gotta be shitting bricks after Pedro's start tonite. What a disaster. At this point I don't see how you can risk starting him in the first game.

What a crazy night between the Phils and Nats....kind of a "I can play worse than you" challenge going on! Somebody had to win, I guess, and I'm glad the Phils did. I was flipping to the Astros craziness of their own just for kicks. Look out Cardinals! The drama is unreal this week for NL fans!

What a crazy night between the Phils and Nats....kind of a "I can play worse than you" challenge going on! Somebody had to win, I guess, and I'm glad the Phils did. I was flipping to the Astros craziness of their own just for kicks. Look out Cardinals! The drama is unreal this week for NL fans!

Seriously. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

They need to bench Burrell for the rest of the season. He should only be batting against left handers.

I just can't get over the Cards collapsing like they have. At this point they don't deserve to get in, IMO. Cards have no pitching, LaRussa was badmouthing Edmonds for not playing sooner(He has post-concussion syndrome), just a bad scene.

More on Radke...Chris Carpenter has come back from a torn Labrum. I know he is younger, but 33 is too young to give up, IMHO...

It is, but according to the salary sheet at baseball-reference he's made at least 52.8 million over his career before agents & taxes. He's married and has a couple of kids who will 8 and 12 next season. I could see spending a year at home with the family and trying to get over the physical pain. Cause right now the kids are at the age where they're fun, but in another couple of the years the oldest won't want him around. ;) Teams are always after pitching, so he'll still get calls. If the pain goes away and he feels the competitive urge he could come back.

Radke did pretty good for the 4 or 5 innings he pitched.

I still don't know if I would invest in having him start, but he might be useful out of the bullpen to eat up some innings if one of the young kids has trouble with their start in the playoffs.

Edited by HolyStitt

Pedro's out for the post season with a bum left calf. Mets will have a rough post season but should still make the WS considering the competition in the NL.

In the meantime, anyone catch Daniel Cabrera's gem against the Yanks tonight? He was terrific, not allowing a hit until one out in the ninth (Cano got it). He probably would have had the no-no had his fielders not forsaken him in the 7th, committing two errors compounded by two passed balls allowing the Yanks to score an unearned run. Never heard of Cabrera before but it was obvious that his stuff was electric tonight. He made Giambi, Melki Cabrera and others look very bad striking them out on nasty sliders in the dirt.