USPS delivery time

I sent a box of books to my cousin from Boston to San Francisco before I moved out here, around February 27 or 28. I believe I sent it either Media Mail or Bound Printed Matter. It's now March 25 and the box still hasn't arrived. Should I wait another week or more before presuming it's lost?

(The check of mine that hasn't reached Chuck Nessa in 5 months is a different postal matter altogether. :) My apologies, Chuck - I'll finally have a permanent address in a week so I can finally place that CD order...)

I sent a box of books to my cousin from Boston to San Francisco before I moved out here, around February 27 or 28. I believe I sent it either Media Mail or Bound Printed Matter. It's now March 25 and the box still hasn't arrived. Should I wait another week or more before presuming it's lost?

(The check of mine that hasn't reached Chuck Nessa in 5 months is a different postal matter altogether. :) My apologies, Chuck - I'll finally have a permanent address in a week so I can finally place that CD order...)

Media Mail can be very unpredicatable. More than once, I've seen cross country packages take four weeks, although they always turned up eventually.

Another unfortunate wrinkle to the story is that shortly after I moved out here my cousin broke up with her boyfriend and moved out of the house that I sent the boxes to. She's not on terrible terms with the ex, but she is finally changing her address on Monday. Does this mean that the box will not be delivered, but will instead be returned to sender (or worse) by the post office when it sees that she no longer lives at that address? I was under the impression that regular mail forwarding doesn't apply to packages, but I could be mistaken.

Another unfortunate wrinkle to the story is that shortly after I moved out here my cousin broke up with her boyfriend and moved out of the house that I sent the boxes to. She's not on terrible terms with the ex, but she is finally changing her address on Monday. Does this mean that the box will not be delivered, but will instead be returned to sender (or worse) by the post office when it sees that she no longer lives at that address? I was under the impression that regular mail forwarding doesn't apply to packages, but I could be mistaken.

Great friggin' sob story....................Just send me that check. :g

• 11 months later...

<<<<USPS delivery time, any ballpark figures?>>>>>

Sometimes your packet just sits in a corner down at the substation until??????????

I buy a Bill Evans gold disc from a guy in Portugal on March 3.

Yesterday, I drop him a quick note to let him know that there hasn't yet been a sighting and to inquire about the shipping date from his end.

He quickly responds with a tracking number and says that, based on a quick online check, looks like the USPS attempted delivery at my place on March 15?

Hmmmm, well that's news to me....sure haven't seen any delivery notice..... so I quickly phone the substation and give the clerk the tracking number. He places me on hold for a minute.

Comes back on and says 'well, looks like it's here'

'So, no notice was left at the door first time 'round.....nor was a 2nd delivery attempt made. How does that happen?'

'Um, I can't even begin to speculate about what's going on with this?

'Okay, thanks.....I'll drive right over to pick it up!'

:huh: .....lucky for me that the guy in Portugal is on the ball and knows what's going on 2 miles away.

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Guest donald petersen

i sent one CD to a board member in a bubble mailer and i sent it PRIORITY. it was going from NY to CA...i brought it to the post office on february 28th and he got it a few days ago (March 17th? 18th? i dunno). and this was PRIORITY mail.