New Miles Box?

BFS

Yeah, I forget who the singer was (Jeri Southern?), but Red heard a side of hers and brought the tunes to Miles. Or so the story goes.

It's a story I've never heard. Can you say more? What songs are we talking about? And what was Red's "book of changes"?

Don't remember much, but iirc, the story was recounted by Red in the liner notes to a Muse album he put out in the 70s. Really wish I could remember more, but...

Not a surprise, really. Most of the old school cats were much into singers, songs, lyrics, the whole thing. They were wise.

Don't need this set, I'm perfectly happy with my excellent Steve Hoffman remasters on DCC.

I'm pretty happy with the 5-lp "The Great Prestige Recordings" box that Analogue Productions released in the late 90's, but I'm a sucker for a new cd box, particularly one containing a bonus disc.

Re: Hoffman -- I've been quite pleased with the sound of the Miles XRCDs and hadn't thought about investing in the DCC versions -- until, that is, a few days ago when I heard his Evans 'Interplay' re-mastering. Woah!! :tup I might need to saddle up and start tracking down some of those Miles (and Evans) ones.

Don't need this set, I'm perfectly happy with my excellent Steve Hoffman remasters on DCC.

Re: Hoffman -- I've been quite pleased with the sound of the Miles XRCDs and hadn't thought about investing in the DCC versions -- until, that is, a few days ago when I heard his Evans 'Interplay' re-mastering. Woah!! :tup I might need to saddle up and start tracking down some of those Miles (and Evans) ones.

You won't be disappointed, the Hoffman remasters smoke all other versions I've heard (OJC, K2, XRCD, etc.). They're pretty expensive, though - if you can find them, that is; they've been OOP since the demise of DCC and are getting scarcer by the day.