FS: Complete Bille Evans on Verve box set

take5

I am selling the infamous Complete Bill Evans on Verve box set- yes, the one with that brown box that rusts on purpose in order to change color over time.

However, I have cleaned of all of the rust with a very powerful rust cleaning agent. The result is that the box is plain silver now and is safe to touch, store, and keep the CDs in.

This box is used so there are some scratches on the CDs here and there, but they do NOT effect play. Here is a list of the condition of each CD, using the following criteria:

NM = Near mint, no visible scratches, or marks at all

E = Excellent, one or two extremely faint marks or a a bit of dirt

VG = Very Good, a couple of noticeable marks or light scratches

G = Good, some light surface marks and scratchs. G/VG are the condition you'd expect to see on an old used CD by the average person

F = Fair, significant surface damage

P = Poor- so bad it doesn't play

1- VG

2- F

3- F

4- VG

5- E

6- E

7- E

8- NM

9- E

10- E

11- NM

12- NM

13- NM

14- VG

15- NM

16- VG

17- E

18- G

Price: $180

PayPal preffered

What does sepsis have to do with Bill Evans, the box, rust, "take5" or, for that matter anything in this thread?

Just curious.

More than one curious jazz fan has met his demise after scratching himself with a rusty Bill Evans box. One of the victims was the French composer Jean-Baptiste Lully.

Now that I know it's potentially lethal, I'll consider shipping my unmodified box to a certain Pennsylvania Avenue address. Bill Evans at the White House--has a nice, rusty ring to it. :g

I don't think you-know-who would touch it, Chris, since he's more of a Dale Evans fan.

I never did anything to clean up my Evans box--I wonder if making it silvery clean does not affect its value, especially since there almost was more buzz about the rust than the music. Have you thought of that?

Well yes, I feel the the effort I put into cleaning the box cancels out the less-than-stellar condition of some of the CDs, and so I can charge what I figure would be the "normal" price for a used box set of 18 CDs at $10 per disc.

I hope the idiot that designed the Bill Evans Complete Verve Recordings Boxed set was banished from ever designing another one. Not only are the CDs a pain to take out, but I was tired of getting rust on my hands when handling it. I cleaned mine with Bon Ami and never did get around to rustproofing it.

The music, not the stupid box, is what is valuable.