Organissimo in Ann Arbor/Detroit this weekend!!!

great to see that the board is hooking up with the band! sounds wonderful, i'd LOVE to see ya'll, but we'll have to get you down to texas first! ;) plus, everybody needs some tex-mex, pecan pie, bbq SOMETIME! You can hold out in Michigan much longer without it. ;):D

I hope it happens. The Texans on the board are some badass mammy-jammys!

Couldn't agree more with what B3-er said. Conn is fun and friendly and I had a great time hanging out and playing. Thanks for the greazy review, and I hope we meet again.

Couldn't agree more with what B3-er said. Conn is fun and friendly and I had a great time hanging out and playing. Thanks for the greazy review, and I hope we meet again.

Can't wait to see you guys again.

I am currently trying to assemble a group of noisy but appreciative jazz fans to gatecrash your next gig! :g

I'll go to see Randy at Rusty's on Sept. 19th (correct date?)

I warned you guys about old man memories. ;)

Hey Guys,

I really enjoyed the second set last night at B.O.P. "Tenderly" really was sweet.( Nice groove Randy-man. It was cool to finally meet you.) And just a note to all you non-drummers out there: when the drummer man sets you up with a riff out of his solo to come back into the tune-TAKE THE HINT.  :excited:  :tup

Right on Flam Man! :tup When I solo, I guess I assume that my other band mates are listening and when I'm ready to end my solo they'll be there to either go back to the top of the form or the bridge... This doesn't always happen...

The magic word for today is "LISTEN" ;)

Edited by randissimo

Ah yes, but remember Randissimo-san, I am the one who keeps track of how long we've been playing.  Perhaps I wanted you to continue you solo so as to fill out some set time.

Or maybe what you were doing was so hip I didn't want it to stop! :)

.....However, sometimes I reach a point when I'm soloing where I feel I've said what I wanted to say and simply have nothing more to say.. It's at that point when I feel I have exhausted my theme and want to get out of the water and back to the ensemble playing. And forcing the solo at this point to go on for me, becomes redundant, forced, sometimes monotonous, often fatiguing, and can reverse the effectiveness of a tasty or fiery solo. It's always been my belief that the individual playing the solo should have the call on when it's time to end their solo.. B)

Edited by randissimo

Wish the timing had been better...I'll be in Ann Arbor, for one night, August 2.

Aug 2nd? We'll be an hour away at the Lansing Old Town jazzfest. Hit time is 5:30pm...

Tell me more, Randy about this gig.

I might be able to drive to Lansing. Need to know where it will be and need some directions.

Will you guys be the only act or will there be others?

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done! Go find yourselves another organist!!!!

Hehe, just kidding. Point duly noted, Randy. Flam Man was just raising shit anyway... motherfucker.... :D

Conn, the gig is the Lansing Jazz Fest. There will be other performers there including my good friend Duncan McMillan on organ backing up the great Detroit singer Odessa Harris right after Organissimo.

We play Saturday, August 2nd from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. The event is free and is located at the corner of Turner St and Grand River Ave in Lansing's "Old Town". I believe they have directions and such on their website which is www.jazzlansing.com. Basically, you take 23N from Toledo, thru Ann Arbor to I-96W all the way to Lansing. Then hop on 127N (exit 107 I believe). 127N will branch off. Keep to the left and it'll turn into I-496W, which is what you want. Take the Cedar St/Larch St. exit and at the end of the exit ramp take a right so that you're heading north. You'll be on Larch St. Keep heading north... you'll pass through about four or five lights or so. One of them will be the corner of Larch and Grand River Ave. Take a left and you'll run right into the festival.

The headline for Saturday night is Rumba Club which is a big-band style latin group (I think they have 11+ members) from Chicago. They are supposed to be a good band. Like I said, my buddy Duncan will be kickin' the B3 behind Odessa Harris right after our set on the south stage. We'll be on the north stage.

It should be fun! Hope to see you there.

Great.......,

just what you guys needed...some immigrant from NJ (whom you havent even heard play yet) starting trouble in paradise.....sorry....I meant no harm. Yet, I believe Randyman couldnt have explained it any better. Its not a knock on anybody, it just how a drummers solo should be approached. :)

Right on brotha.....be careful though, at the next gig they will probably walk off stage and not come back!

Have fun guys

FM :tup

We're just farting around. :)

You better be: we paying fans come to watch you guys play, not fight!! ;)

Regarding this Saturday: Thanks for the directions. Will have to see how things go. My sister is visiting from Canada. Got to find out her schedule; for example, will she go home that day? Will also talk to Brian.

Just not sure yet.

If you guys were headlining a club session, I would MAKE SURE that everone goes! Different situation.