Acoustic Sounds

jostber

I am curious, can anyone comment on the 45 rpm Fantasy issues? Pretty pricy at $50 a whack. However, if they are "that" good, maybe I'd spring for one every 3-4 months or so.

One thing that caught my eye was that they issued Ben Webster at the Reniasance Club in this fomat. Its sold out. It just seems curious to me to issue this in an audiphile format since its a live recording that, iirc, wasn't recorded on professional equipment to start with.

Well bust my buttons! I bought it when (I assume) it was originally released, which, according to Allmusic, was 1992 although if someone had asked me I would have guessed a couple of years earlier. I am going to have to hoe it out and give another listen. I just don't remember it as having spectacular sound.

Still curious about what people think about the 45rpm issues from Aoustic Sounds. TIA.

Edited by Tom in RI

I am curious, can anyone comment on the 45 rpm Fantasy issues? Pretty pricy at $50 a whack. However, if they are "that" good, maybe I'd spring for one every 3-4 months or so.

Paul Secor owns a few and from what I remember he likes 'em.

Maybe he'll chime in.

It looks like they have 33 of you see their website and look at both the Japanese and English line-up pages.

Eighty Eights

I also have this 2nd recording for The Joe Locke / Geoffrey Keezer Quartet: Summertime

623.jpg

* 1. "Concierto De Aranjuez" (Rodrigo)

* 2. "Captain Jon" (Keezer)

* 3. "Snowfall In Central Park" (Locke)

* 4. "Summertime" (Gershwin / Heyward / Gershwin)

* 5. "Blame It On My Youth" (Levant / Heyman)

* 6. "´Round Midnight" (Hanighen / Monk / Williams)

* 7. "Port Alexander Moon" (Keezer)

* 8. "Last Ditch Wisdom" (Locke)

* 9. "Bibo No Aozora" (Sakamoto)

Original release year: 2005 - Label: Eighty Eights.

Personnel

* Joe Locke - vibes

* Geoffrey Keezer - piano

* Bob Hurst - bass

* Billy Kilson - drums

* Eddie Henderson (guest) - trumpet

Edited by marcello

Paul Secor owns a few and from what I remember he likes 'em.

Maybe he'll chime in.

I do have 4 or 5 of those, they do have very fine sound, and I do like them. That said, I have to admit that I bought them in obsessive moments, and those may be the last that I purchase.

The 45 RPM series have been covered extensively in Hi-Fi +, a British audio rag. They may have review on their site, although they don't have a good search function at all. Easier to do a google search on the site than sift through each issue separately.