Original Blue Note vinyl records

Hello,

I have a lot of (almost everything) of original Blue Note records from a private collection of an old relative, in realy perfect state.

I would like to sell them but I have realy no idea where to go.

Looked on ebay but I don't think this is the right place, I saw a lot of records

around 5 or 10 USD.

In fact I'm looking for a place to offer my records to the real collectors (world wide) because a lot of these records are worth between 200 and 500 Euro's each.

Does anyone know a place for me to offer my records?

Thanx in advance!

Hello,

I have a lot of (almost everything) of original Blue Note records from a private collection of an old relative, in realy perfect state.

I would like to sell them but I have realy no idea where to go.

Looked on ebay but I don't think this is the right place, I saw a lot of records

around 5 or 10 USD.

In fact I'm looking for a place to offer my records to the real collectors (world wide) because a lot of these records are worth between 200 and 500 Euro's each.

Does anyone know a place for me to offer my records?

Thanx in advance!

The right records can bring big dollars on Ebay. There are plenty of dealers offering low price junk, but when original Blue Notes in good condition are listed, they usually end up bringing serious prices. Try doing a search for some of the titles you have under "completed listings". You may be happy with what you see. If you choose to list the records, make sure that you list the address on the label and on the jacket, and show a picture of the jacket and the label with your listing.

Good luck!

Hi,

If the records are really valuable (rare and in good shape) it would be worth selling them individually on Ebay. I don't think there is any other place on the internet where you get the same exposure.

But if you are new in this field I recommend to get some help from an experienced collector and ebay seller would can advise you on the value of the records, grading (describing the exact condition) and packaging.

If you want to make quick bucks, you might consider selling the collection on a record fair. Original Blue Notes are obviously much wanted by record collectors.

The rarer items will probably fetch (much) higher prices on eBay, but it takes a lot of work to describe each item properly, make pictures (preferably front and back of the jacket and both labels) and to grade the vinyl very seriously. Especially with the expensive items, collectors are very picky!

Are you by any chance situated in Holland? If you are, I will be happy to advise you about prices and everything (if I could get a first pick :w )

Regards,

Peter

Hello people,

Thank you all for your response and tips!

So I think I will try ebay in any case and use your tips you told me. I took a look at popsike and there are realy serious prices mentioned.

It's worth to try, so I'm very curious!

Next week I'm gonna start to make a complete detailed listing.

Do you have any other suggestions for me to mention in my list what might be important?

J.A.W. Thank you for this tip, probably I will contact Sem van Gelder (I have heard of this man).

It's far from my location (Randstad) so visiting wiil not be easy, but I can try by email or telephone anyway.

Peter A, as a matter of fact I am located in Holland (Randstad). So if you give me your email address by PM I will send you the list (or a first part in advance).

So if any of you is interested, I can provide you the list when its ready, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Anne