how is "stan's party"?

Guest donald petersen

Guest akanalog

never seen this one before.

brackeen on piano and billy hart on drums interests me-looks like ok song selection also.

anyone have this one?

just another set or good music?

I have the double LP. Just another good set of music, I would say. Brackeen plays elp on some tracks. It's a good night club performance by a very good group. Recording quality is decent, though not excellent, as I recall. Sort of a middling session in Getz' discography. Not a Getz session I listen to that often. The electric piano is a drawback for me. I prefer Kenny Barron (though I do like some Brackeen recordings I own).

Edited by John Tapscott

Sure. It was very good Getz for its time ( '77, I think). In the recording studio Getz was making some less than totally satisfactory (in my view) LP's for Columbia around that time. So for fans of straight-ahead Getz this was like a breath of fresh air. I just think he made several more memorable recordings later on.

Guest akanalog

cool. thanks. i saw it at j and r and they were having a great sale (11.99 OJCs for 6.99) so i should head back down there anyways.

thank you for the input from both of you.

Listened to the vinyl twofer of this not very long ago. It came out as 'Live at the Montmartre' and this was just that. A typical evening with the Stan Getz quartet on a good day. Since one can't have the real experience nowadays, this is probably the next best thing.

Not really Getz' best post-60s live date (that might be the London gig with Eddy Louis and René Thomas which was released on Verve as 'Dynasty') but really worth purchasing!

The sound is pretty good!