Ebay craziness

Concerning the Stanley Turrentine, ZT's Blues, I was trolling through some used cd's at a nondescpipt suburban music store when I found a copy ($7.00). I picked it up and put it down and went on, figuring, well, I have the Turrentine Mosaic so I must have this. Wrong, the session was originally issued under Art Taylor's name. I checked Half.com and someone had it listed there for $99. Of course, when I went back the next day to score it was gone (did you pick it up, .:Impossible?). A gracious board member who I related the story to sent a copy.

Hmm, brand new from Mosaic for $145.00, or almost new on ebay starting at $149?

What to do, what to do .....

Ebay Stitt

I'd rather have it from Mosaic because if there's a problem they'll replace it. However, I've had very good experiences with this seller. Plus, you gotta love anybody whose address is the People's Republic of Cambridge.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chaney

I remember when THIS ONE was a hot item and would sell for big bucks.

How the mighty have fallen.

Hmmm... Could be because this one's now available -- since March 30, 2004 -- as a Japanese import.

0000316671.jpg

Mosaic brochures for sale on ebay

I once bought a big lot (about 25-30) of old Mosaic catalogs off of Ebay. I won them for only about $5, but they were shipped from Canada and cost me over $20 in postage. Still, they were pretty cool and well worth it! :lol:

Is this disc going to become a collectors item?

I doubt it ... If this were a rock record, maybe ... but I don't think they'd be many jazz fans so gullible for this to attract consistenly a high price.

Probably not----but I can always hope! :lol:

i want this set but $510.00???!!!!!!!! :(

+ shipping!!!! :wacko:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Timing is everthing. I bought the Blakey set on ebay last year for around $220.

Yeah, timing is definitely everything. I recently got this set on eBay for, I think, $179 and I was the only bidder. After an ending price like that ($500+) you may want to keep watch for others to sell their Blakey Mosaics expecting a price like that. The "market" may saturate and you could get it for a cheap price.