Ebay craziness

From a seller on eBay:

ART HODES-MOSAIC COMPLETE BLUE NOTE SESSIONS NM LPs!!

OUT OF PRINT MOSAIC LPs-COMPLETE BLUE NOTE STILL SEALED.

Further in his selling point he lists:

LP'S ARE NM!

Now, doesn't he know that "Complete sealed" means MINT and not NM.

Especially since he has "sight graded(LP's & 45's) under a type T-4 halogen lamp with a type 001 uv filter".

What a bunch of HORSE......

Try this one:

http://music.channel.aol.com/artist/main.a...000000007&sem=1

It's the Mosaic Complete Art Hodes from AOL available for download $$$$

I don't know the cost, but certainly not $130-- or more.

By the way, why are the Mosaics available like that?

When you click on the tracks from the set, you go to the iTunes store, but only get a list of OTHER Art Hodes tracks that may be purchased.

What's the deal with this AOL stuff? :huh:

Check THIS one out: Andrew Hill Mosaic

Same thing applies that I pointed out above, this stuff is apparently part of some incorrect database that these guys THINK is available from iTUNES.....when you go there by selecting a particular track it is NOT available, unless someone is able to see something I can't. It's probably based on some kind of CDDB database thing, and they're too lazy to seperate the real stuff from the bogus.

HOLY SMOKES!!!

Madness!!!

I tried to sell my CD copy of this set (after I bought the LP version) on EBAY a couple of years back, and I could not get anyone to meet the reserve of a few hundred dollars. With more than an hour left, the price per CD is almost $147, which certainly must be a record for a Mosaic set.

HOLY SMOKES!!!

Madness!!!

I tried to sell my CD copy of this set (after I bought the LP version) on EBAY a couple of years back, and I could not get anyone to meet the reserve of a few hundred dollars.  With more than an hour left, the price per CD is almost $147, which certainly must be a record for a Mosaic set.

Makes the LP set look like an absolute bargain !

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's some serious bucks.  The Maynard Ferguson Mosaic is not doing badly either, at $50 per cd.  Never got a chance to buy this.  What's the verdict on this (not that I'm going to bid).

I got this at a used shop for $75 less than a year ago. Wow, if this is what I may possibly get, I gotta think about offering it up for sale.