Ebay craziness

Whoa!!

This is about as high a price as I have ever seen these 2 sets go for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Yes, especially since more and more of the "underlying sessions" are reissued on CD. Perhaps these are being sold with the original bubble-wrap???

Going the other direction on Ebay:

My Kenton Presents Cooper Holman etc. went for $78.00.

My Krupa/James went for $100.00.....and now the buyer doesn't want it.

:(:(:(

I thought they would go much higher.....

Well, see...if you had the versions that sold out in the '60s, you'd have something!

Thad Jones/Mel Lewis

Hmmmmm. Interesting.  B-)

"The set is No. 3,312 and bears Mosaic catelogue No. MD5-151.  It consists of 5 CDs.  The set has been sold out for some time, since the 1960's I believe."

Yeah, sure, it sold out in the 1960's. But back then people only used the CDs as COASTERS, so it's hard to find a set now without those rings left by glass condensation or spill stains or scuff marks all over the CDs.

Thad Jones/Mel Lewis

Hmmmmm. Interesting.  B-)

"The set is No. 3,312 and bears Mosaic catelogue No. MD5-151.  It consists of 5 CDs.  The set has been sold out for some time, since the 1960's I believe."

Yeah, sure, it sold out in the 1960's. But back then people only used the CDs as COASTERS, so it's hard to find a set now without those rings left by glass condensation or spill stains or scuff marks all over the CDs.

:g

• 2 weeks later...

He/she is quite remarkably still a "Power Seller", something which is described on eBay's website like this:

psIcon_50x25.gifWhen you see this icon next to the member's user ID, be assured that the member is a qualified PowerSeller who not only maintains a solid sales record but also a 98% positive feedback rating based on transactions with other eBay users. You can feel assured that your transaction will go smoothly and that you are dealing with one who has consistently met the requirements established by eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4710820652&rd=1

DON PULLEN-Mosaic Select 3 CD RARE numbered sealed

NOTE:Due to bad experiences with some buyers I refuse to sell to anybody with less than 5 positive feedbacks or non register users, only bid if you are 100% sure that want the item, ...

Perhaps if this seller was a little more honest he/she would have fewer "bad experiences".

I purchased one of these so-called "rare" Pullen Selects from that seller and experienced no problems. Even purchased an actual OOP Donaldson Blue Note title as well . At least this seller uses the word "rare" and not OOP like some sellers of the JJ Johnson or Mobley sets.