• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Tiger tees off in 4 hours

I should follow him around and collect all the loose change he drops

Maybe his bank roll will fall out of his pocket

I recall an interview with his mother who said he never carried a wallet and often had to mooch off others for small incidental expenses. I guess that's one way to hang onto your dough!

Now his wife probably gets to carry his wallet. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Damn

Tiger missed the cut at the British Open!!

Yeah, but what about Tom Watson?!?!?! He's killin' it!

During the post-game, the talking heads were mentioning several times in the past when a recent champion missed the cut (Nicklaus won in '66, missed the cut in '67). They were pretty uniform in their assessment that the Watson story is a bigger deal. He's just a few weeks shy of 60 years old!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, evidently that initial report might have been a little dramatic re: "seriously injured," as he's just been released from the hospital.

But pulling out of his driveway at 2:25 in the morning, hits a fire hydrant and then drives into a tree on his neighbor's property, and it's "not alcohol-related?" Damn, maybe it isn't, and big deal if it is, but I'd hate to think one of the world's greatest athletes would drive that badly sober. Whatever state he was in, good thing for him and anybody else on the road that he didn't ultimately make it out of the driveway, eh?

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Seems like it was prescription drugs, probably doled out to help him cope with the effects of his recent back surgery. Still, if you're whacked out on pain killers, getting behind the wheel is a bad idea. I believe he was found in the car literally asleep at the wheel; one hopes the car wasn't moving.