Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

Contacting the label is the correct thing to do. If you email eMusic, that's what they're going to tell you anyway. From what I understand, it's a little different than a physical record store. They can't just call up Delmark and order the missing titles (though I too wish they could.) Delmark has to send the tracks over. So, giving them a nudge is going to be the only way that'll happen. If you've never been to the message boards, they'll tell you the same over there.

And people always get worked up over anything region specific, especially free stuff. Right now, I can point to a dozen or more releases that are UK only that I'd download in a minute, but I understand that's the way it goes sometimes. A lot of eMusic subscribers don't get that. (You should have seen some of the hellfire people outside the US were spitting during the brief time eMusic had the Rolling Stones ABKCO catalog.)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacting the label is the correct thing to do. If you email eMusic, that's what they're going to tell you anyway. From what I understand, it's a little different than a physical record store. They can't just call up Delmark and order the missing titles (though I too wish they could.) Delmark has to send the tracks over. So, giving them a nudge is going to be the only way that'll happen. If you've never been to the message boards, they'll tell you the same over there.

And people always get worked up over anything region specific, especially free stuff. Right now, I can point to a dozen or more releases that are UK only that I'd download in a minute, but I understand that's the way it goes sometimes. A lot of eMusic subscribers don't get that. (You should have seen some of the hellfire people outside the US were spitting during the brief time eMusic had the Rolling Stones ABKCO catalog.)

Yeah, I dropped HighNote a line. I'll report back if this results in some more music getting uploaded onto eMusic.

Personally I think all this region 1, region 2 stuff is ridiculous, particularly since it does so little to actually curb "bad behavior." But yes, people do begin to feel that what is up on the web should be available to them and really get enraged when they can't have it. I guess I'd cut the eMusic subscribers some slack as they are at least trying to obtain music legally. I think when you spend a little time surfing the blogs and searching through torrents, the entitlement attitude is a bit out of control -- and it is at least a little contagious. (I know we've gone over this hundreds of times, but it really does seem that no one under 18 is going to pay for music ever again.)

I think the "regionalism" of certain titles or artists more has to do what or what kind of record contracts someone has. In the days before mass globalization, you could be on a different record label in every country. Until the 90s, U2 were on CBS in Ireland and Island Records everywhere else. Or the Sex Pistols on Virgin UK, and Warner Bros in the US.

I think the "regionalism" of certain titles or artists more has to do what or what kind of record contracts someone has. In the days before mass globalization, you could be on a different record label in every country. Until the 90s, U2 were on CBS in Ireland and Island Records everywhere else. Or the Sex Pistols on Virgin UK, and Warner Bros in the US.

Still happens a lot now with small labels, they sublet their artists to large labels in different areas due to their comparatively inadequate promotional budgets,etc.

http://www.emusic.com/browse/l/b/-n/a/0-0/1400162506/0.html

WOW

about 50 new releases on the black and blue label

i'll never get them all....

Holy cats! I've yet to be disappointed with any of their stuff I've picked up. I've also noticed Storyville is still bringing more stuff. Maybe time to raid the Circuit City again and hope they still have the $5 booster cards.

Edited by Captain Wrong

After seeing Billy Hart Quartet on some best of year lists I grabbed it and have enjoyed it. Dennis Gonzalez' name drew me in to Alvin Fielder Trio - A Measure of Vision and it was worth it. Lyrical and evocative. Rudresh Mahanthappa - Codebook impressed on first listen, a quartet with Vijay Iyer. They continue to add items on the Ayler Records label and William Parker - And William Danced and Exploding Customer Live at the Glenn Miller Cafe are both excellent.

That Fielder Trio album misses for me. I'll give it another go. I really enjoyed Alvin Fielder live.

John Fahey - Death Chants, Breakdowns and Military Waltzes

John Fahey Vol. 4 - The Great San Bernardino Birthday Party

John Fahey Vol. 6 - Days Have Gone By

John Fahey - The Legend of Blind Joe Death

John Fahey - Old Fashioned Love

John Fahey - The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death

John Fahey - The Voice of the Turtle

John Fahey Vol. 3 - The Dance of Death & Other Plantation Favorites

John Fahey - The Yellow Princess

Ingrid Michaelson - Girls & Boys

Leo Kottke - 6 & 12 String Guitar

Kottke, Fahey & Lang

John Patton - Soul Connection

Alvin Queen - Jammin' Uptown

John McLaughlin - Floating Point

Art Pepper - Intensity

Barry Harris - For The Moment

Hank Jones - Compassion

June, my 90 + some CC boosters:

Spiritualized Songs in A & E (downloaded most of, then it dissapeared, to return 7/15?)

Shudder to Think Get Your Goat

At The Drive In Relationship of Command

Eli "Paperboy" Reid Roll With You

Pete Rock NY's Finest

Various I Like It Like That

Jerry Butler The Ice Man

Jungle Brothers Straight Out The Jungle

Envy A Dead Sinking Story

Envy Compiled Fragments

Liquid Liquid S/t

Ladytron Velocifero

McCoy Tyner Fly With The Wind

Nat Adderley Work Song (Keepnews)

Various Daptone 7 Inch Singles Collection Vol. 2

Various Daptone 7 Inch Singles Collection Vol. 1

Jack McDuff Tough Duff

Jesse Belvin The Blues Balladeer

Joe Bataan Subway Joe

Joe Bataan Mr. New York & the East Side Kids

Jimmy Reed I'm Jimmy Reed

Hiromi's Sonicbloom Beyond Standard

John Patton Soul Connection

Alvin Queen Jammin' Uptown

Lonnie Smith/Alvin Queen Lenox and Seventh

Sonny Rollins Freedom Suite (Keepnews)

Pacific VU Longplay 2

James hunter The Hard Way

Etta Jones Don't Go To Strangers (RVG)

The Blessing All Is Yes

Goblin Buio Omega

Goblin Amo Non Amo

Gil Melle Primitive Modern / Quadrama

Louis and Bebe Barron Forbidden Planet

Gregory Isaacs Mr. Isaacs

Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra Strings and Things

Various Easy Tempo Experience Vol.1

Various Easy Tempo Experience Vol.2

Various Easy Tempo Experience Vol.3

Various Summer Records Anthology: 1974 - 1988

Mingering Mike Super Gold Greatest Hits

Franco Micalizzi Chi Sei?

Various Nigeria 70

Various Nigeria Special Modern Highlife, Afro-sounds & Nigerian Blues 1970-76

Earth The Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull

Earth Hex

Boris Smile

Nomo Ghost Rock

Cool Kids The Bake Sale

Black Nasty Talking to the People

Slowdive Pygmalion

American Music Club Love Songs for Patriots

Charlie Parker Boston, 1952

Charlie Parker Montreal, 1953

Mose Allison Mose Allison Sings

Cybotron Clear

Various Old School Rarities: The Electro Jams

I highly recommend that Eli "Paperboy" Reed album if you dig pre-Papa's Got a Brand New Bag R&B. Really great stuff without sounding like a self conscious throwback.

Claire Martin - He Never Mentioned Love

Stuff Smith - Live at the Montmartre

Herb Ellis - Texas Swings

Warne Marsh Lee Konitz Quintet - Live at the Club Montmartre vol. 1, vol. 2

Jimmy Gourley - The Left Bank of New York

Charlie Rouse - Soul Mates

I've got a new one called The Geri Allen Trio that allmusic.com lists as Some Aspects of Water. Very fine. It's live and Johnny Coles is introduced as the guest on a top notch ballad. There are more tracks with a larger group a nonet featuring Scandanavian sounding names. On Storyville and I finally figured out that it's Palle Danielson and Lenny White on the trio tracks. (ECM meets CTI!)

Sonny Rollins:

No Problem

Easy Living

Old Flames

Here's To The People

Love At First Sight

Don't Ask

Global Warming

Dancing In The Dark

Falling in Love With Jazz

Sunny Days Starry Nights

Don't Stop The Carnival

The Solo Album

Jazzstars in Concert

Maceo Parker - Roots and Grooves

Huge Acrobat Music Ltd. catalog just dropped on eMusic today with 29 different Louis Armstrong offerings. 10 Volumes of Classic Song Book, 10 volumes of A Life in Music and assorted offerings including 2 with the Mills Brothers. I had been looking for the song My Walking Stick in any version for some time, so I'm grabbing A Night with the Mills Brothers first. I'd be interested to know more about the rest. Some other artists with two or more Acrobat Music Ltd. CDs listed include Coleman Hawkins, Albert Ammons, Mary Lou Williams, Mildred Bailey, Jimmie Lunceford, Charlie Barnet and Ben Webster.

Plenty of doom this month

Sunn0))) - White 2

Boris - Smile

Sunn0))) and Boris - Altar

Shit And Shine - some German title

MF Doom - Live

Amon Duul 2 - Phallus Dei

Earth - The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull

Sunn0))).......doesn't get much "doomier" than that!

Plenty of doom this month

Sunn0))) - White 2

Boris - Smile

Sunn0))) and Boris - Altar

Shit And Shine - some German title

MF Doom - Live

Amon Duul 2 - Phallus Dei

Earth - The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull

Sunn0))).......doesn't get much "doomier" than that!

Can't wait to catch them live at some point but it seems they play London exclusively.

If you like noise and drone/doom you should definately check out the Shit And Shine record, one of my favourite British bands of recent times. Full out agression and groove.