Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

Good haul this month:

Alvin Lucier - I Am Sitting In A Room

Ashtray Navigations - The Love That Whirrs

Birchville Cat Motel - Curved Surface Destrover (3CD)

Eyes Like Saucers - Still Living In The Desert (and Mostly Inside My Own Head)

Fred Frith and Jean-Pierre Drouet - Improvisations

Hella - Hold Your Horse Is

Holder Czukay - Canaxis

Jack Wright - The Indeterminate Existence

Keiji Haino - Vol. 2 (with Loren Mazzacane Connors)

Sparks - No. 1 In Heaven

Keiji Haino / My Cat Is An Alien - Cosmic Debris Vol III

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clean feed has just added some new releases, among them Fight The Big Bull Dying Will Be Easy, which features my brother on bass.

This is an excellent emusic selection, four tracks totalling about a half hour.

Check it out. Let me know what you think. Once my credits charge up again, I'll be sure to check out Paul's album. Thanks for the heads up!

FWIW, I've been keeping an eye on Amazon MP3 downloads and they frequently have at least a couple of albums available for $1.99. That price only lasts for a day or two so you have to be fast.

The other day I DL'd Jackie McLean's "Fickle Sonance" for that price. Right now you can get "Live At The Regal" by B.B. King.

Dave McKenna - Giant Strides

Sammy Price - Boogie & Jazz Classics, Rockin' Boogie

Dexter Gordon - Atlanta, GA 5/5/81

Claire Martin - Secret Love

Don Cherry - Live at the Cafe Montmartre vol. 2

Dizzy Gillespie & Oscar Peterson

Duke Ellington - Ellington Suites

J.J. Johnson/Nat Adderley - Yokohama Concert

Benny Carter & Dizzy Gillespie - Carter Gillespie Inc.

Eddie Lockjaw Davis/Harry "Sweets" Edison/Al Grey - Jazz at the Philharmonic 1983

John Fahey - Live in Tasmania

Kenny Barron - Live at Bradley's, The Perfect Set

Johnny Griffin/Eddie Lockjaw Davis - Tough Tenor Favorites, The Tenor Scene

Herbie Mann - Just Wailin'

Art Pepper - No Limit

Is it just me...or the UK...but e-music has been inaccessible since last night.

eMusic Temporarily Unavailable

We're very sorry but eMusic is unavailable at the moment. Our engineering team is working to correct the problem as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.

Also strange - most of the ECMs mentioned earlier have vanished. A random 5 remain plus a few more of the New Series.

Manfred having second thoughts? Or tied in with the technical problems?

Is it just me...or the UK...but e-music has been inaccessible since last night.

eMusic Temporarily Unavailable

We're very sorry but eMusic is unavailable at the moment. Our engineering team is working to correct the problem as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.

I've received that message recently here in the States. When I clicked the back button on my browser, however, I was strangely able to access the site right away. Clicking "back" or refresh might do the trick. (At least it has for me so far.)

I've finally been hit over the head with Giuffre's two Candid (originally Choice) albums on eMusic. Great stuff.

A bunch of Timeless albums arrived today, including George Coleman, Bill Evans, Mick Nock (W/M. Brecker), Rick Laird (w/Joe Henderson), Tete Montuliu, Chet Baker and others.

Yeah, already grabbed a few. That Nock is excellent, with some of Michael Brecker's best playing on it.

George Coleman's 'Amsterdam After Dark' should be seized immediately.

I've had it on vinyl since c.1980 - one of my all time favourites. Exciting, muscular, very melodic. If you only know Coleman from the Miles discs, this is the one to go for.

Yes.........to everything you said. :cool:

I've got a couple of the Joe Bataan's (hopefully the rest will crop up). I've got a really interesting Fania remix sampler, but it doesn't seem to be on eMusic yet.

Another label that looks veeerry interesting is Emusica with something called Tito Puente Complete 78s and De Panama a Nueva York by Ruben Blades. I'll probably get me some dls from them as well.

I've got a couple of the Joe Bataan's (hopefully the rest will crop up). I've got a really interesting Fania remix sampler, but it doesn't seem to be on eMusic yet.

Another label that looks veeerry interesting is Emusica with something called Tito Puente Complete 78s and De Panama a Nueva York by Ruben Blades. I'll probably get me some dls from them as well.

Emusica seems to be Fania as well - some things get posted as one and others as the other, but who knows why.

Today's Timeless stuff is nice, too. As mentoned, couple of Adams/Pullen sets ("Moon Beams" SMOKES!). Also Timeless All Stars (Hutcherson, Fuller, Land, Walton, Higgins, Buster Williams) "Timeless Heart", Woody Shaw, John Hicks and some late-era Blakey.

Oh, yes......and Eastern Rebellion 2 (the original already showed up) w/Bob Berg instead of George Coleman. VERY nice album.

Edited by BFrank