Trane 4tet (plus Dolphy & Wes) tapes discovered...

EKE BBB

There are also numerous unissued live sessions from throughout the 60s, so there is no shortage of new Coltrane to release, that's for certain. This one may be of particular interest:

Date: 19 February 1966.

Place: Philharmonic Hall, New York City, NY.

Ensemble: John Coltrane soprano sax, tenor sax, Donald Ayler trumpet, Carlos Ward tenor sax, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler tenor sax, Alice Coltrane piano, Jimmy Garrison bass, Rasjied Ali, J. C. Moses drums,

Recording: Private tape, generally unavailable.

1. My Favorite Things (?:??) (Unissued.)

2. Om (?:??) (Unissued.)

Notes: The tape is in the possession of the Coltrane family.

And who knows what other things are out there and not known to the discographies yet?

May be of interest? May?

:party:

I´ve just been confirmed that THIS HAS BEEN A JOKE. :wacko:

Yes, los Santos Inocentes.

I´ve been absolutely fooled (and so have been many jazz lovers, readers of Tomajazz) :(

Very uncool. :(<_< Certainly not your fault, EKE BBB. Given that rumours of such tapes have circulated, this story seemed quite credible. (Also given the propensity of the Coltrane estate for seemingly getting hit on the head with tapes whenever they open a closet.)

I´ve been absolutely fooled (and so have been many jazz lovers, readers of Tomajazz) :(

Sorry to have contributed to spread hope on this being released.

Dear jazz lovers,

my name is José Francisco Tapiz, i'm from Spain, and i'm also the editor of the spanish web site Tomajazz (http://www.tomajazz.com). Yesterday (Dec 28) in Spain is the so called "Dia de los Santos Inocentes" and is usual to play some "inocentadas" (April Fool's Joke). I am sorry if i have offended somebody with this joke about this tapes. Thank you very much, especially to EKE BBB who didn't know anything about this "inocentada".

José Francisco "Pachi" Tapiz

www.tomajazz.com

ps ...i wish some day this recording will come true... i really love Trane and his music...

Dear jazz lovers,

my name is José Francisco Tapiz, i'm from Spain, and i'm also the editor of the spanish web site Tomajazz (http://www.tomajazz.com). Yesterday (Dec 28) in Spain is the so called "Dia de los Santos Inocentes" and is usual to play some "inocentadas" (April Fool's Joke). I am sorry if i have offended somebody with this joke about this tapes. Thank you very much, especially to EKE BBB who didn't know anything about this "inocentada".

www.tomajazz.com

ps ...i wish some day this recording will come true... i really love Trane and his music...

Jose,

Thank you for coming on here and being honest with us all. :tup

No offense, just disappointment. In a year during which so many historical goodies have turned up, I wanted to believe it. :unsure:

Dear jazz lovers,

www.tomajazz.com

Jose,

Thank you for coming on here and being honest with us all. :tup

Yes, thank you. Your joke was far too credible... next time, put in a dead giveaway for gullible-minded types like me! :winky: