Question about LP recognition?

Son-of-a-Weizen

A couple of minutes ago I finished burning the Neil Young 'Everybody Knows This is Nowhere' vinyl to CD-RW on my Philips component burner. When I took the finalized disc and went to transfer it to my Real Player library on the pc, the Real Player prompt that popped up recognized the LP and all the titles. I understand how this would happen with CDs and encoding.......but how does Real Player recognize the contents of a vinyl burn?

Hmmm. I guess the thing that's impressive is that it still picks up on it even though the track times on your vinyl burn can be off by 2-5 seconds because you're manually inserting all the track numbers while recording. Still hard to believe that, with all the classical, rock, jazz LPs out there, there aren't a half dozen others that have similar track configurations/timing. Thanks.

I hears a piece on NPR about a sound recognition service that will identify records. (You play them over the phone!) I wonder if REal Audio is using something similar. I'm dubious about the using just the length of cuts too.

Well whatever they're using, I know how to bring them to their knees!!! I'll just feed 'em some Burl and listen to that sound recognition device sputter and drop dead. No way they have this in the data bank!

...and don't ask why I have it in the collection. :blush::ph34r:

Well whatever they're using, I know how to bring them to their knees!!! I'll just feed 'em some Burl and listen to that sound recognition device sputter and drop dead. No way they have this in the data bank!

I think you'd be surpised.

I was when a transferred Jimmy Heath - Picture of Heath, which is not available on cd, and the songs came up right away.

I hears a piece on NPR about a sound recognition service that will identify records. (You play them over the phone!) I wonder if REal Audio is using something similar. I'm dubious about the using just the length of cuts too.

...and don't ask why I have it in the collection. :blush::ph34r:

Burl's awesome facial hair? :g

i hear this neil tune on an small fm station last night- most beautiful neil ive ever heard- it had strings, and the lyrics, were "the dream is over", or the dream is gone....does anyone know what this is?

i hear this neil tune on an small fm station last night- most beautiful neil ive ever heard- it had strings, and the lyrics, were "the dream is over", or the dream is gone....does anyone know what this is?

Sounds like something from the 'Harvest' LP w/the London Symphony Orch on a couple of tracks ('Man Needs a Maid"?)