Venus?

sheldonm

Just got a good news/bad news story from Cadence. The good news is that they just got in a shipment of Venus recordings, including both backordered and new titles. The bad news is that they've apparently raised the base price of Venus CDs from $20 to $22.50. :ph34r: But especially with the Cadence subscriber discount, they still probably have the best price around (at least in this hemisphere).

I swear by Mundo, in Kyoto.

http://www.mediawars.ne.jp/~mundo/cdjapan/link.html

The British importers of Japanese CDs are all rip-off merchants. I have 2 Venus CDs (plus a couple of BNs) coming from Mundo now:

>> * Harold Mabern - Don't Know Why (TKCV-35319) CD $28

>> * Harold Mabern - Falling In Love With Love (TKCV-35165) mini-LP sleeve CD $25

These appear to be more expensive than Cadence but you can pay in IRCs which, from Britain, gives you a 7-8% reduction on the normal price in dollars, because of differences in the postal rates in Britain and Japan. On a $25 CD, this brings the price down to $23. This is something like a free lunch, because no one appears to pay for the discount. I've no idea whether there would be any similar discount from the USA, depends on how much an IRC costs there.

Note: you can't use credit cards with this firm; only cash, IRCs or Paypal.

They've never let me down.

MG