HOT JAZZ on BLUE NOTE

Durium

I bought this 4CD box some weeks ago in a junk shop in a town 150 km from here and I was very happy with it, because it contains a lot of 1940s Blue Note recordings that will be never (?) re-issued in the RVG-series I guess. It contains a 4CD box with 72 tracks played by Sidney Bechet, Art Hodes, Sidney de Paris and Edmond Hall.

But ... when I came home and I tried to play the first CD the "needle" jump and scratched the surface, as if it was a grey-played 78rpm recording. I watched the surface of the CD and learned that it was damaged as if someone had used a scourer to "clean" the surface. So were trhe other three CDs. The 4CD are unplayable and I bought a pig in a poke (in Holland we call this a "cat in the bag").

I'm looking for someone who wants to help me. If you have this 4CD set and you want to share the recordings with me I could make this damaged set "complete" again. Please contact me off-list to learn what I can offer you.

koerthchkz@zeelandnet.nl

Thanks .....

Could you post a track list (watch out for take numbers!), or is one on AMG or elsewhere? All of this was reissued by Mosaic, I don't remember if all were available as CDs, and some was on Blue Note CDs, so maybe getting a burn of the tracks from other sources as a copy of this exact box might be easier. I only have three of the later Blue Note CDs with Hall and Johnson tracks.

Could you post a track list (watch out for take numbers!), or is one on AMG or elsewhere? All of this was reissued by Mosaic, I don't remember if all were available as CDs, and some was on Blue Note CDs, so maybe getting a burn of the tracks from other sources as a copy of this exact box might be easier. I only have three of the later Blue Note CDs with Hall and Johnson tracks.

Thanks Mike for your suggestion. I have contact with someone who has this box too and can help me. That seems to be a much easier way then building up the complete set again.

Edited by Durium

BLUE NOTE re-released a lot of this music in 1998 as a part of the "BN 60 years celebration" releases/reissues:

• George Lewis and his New Orleans Stompers
  • Edmond Hall - Profoundly blue
  • The Blue Note Swingtets
  • The Blue Note Jazzmen (2CD)
  • Sidney Bechet - Runnin' wild

I don't know if all of them are still available.

:tup