Did Cannonball Adderley Ever Make a Smooth Jazz Guitar Album?

DMP

A few years ago at the HMV I worked at we had a product recall.

HMV have their own label which reissues old EMI classical recordings. The CD in question was supposed to be (something like) Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but which actually played...

a Derek and Clive album :blink::o:rfr

A few weeks ago, I bought a copy of A Jazz Message by Art Blakey.

Got home, opened it up and the CD inside was... :excited:

... some Earl Klugh album :o:huh::bad:

And when I took it back the shop couldn't find the Blakey CD :angry:

There's probably some poor schmuck out there who thought he was getting Klugh. Hopefully he got the "Message".

Bought a sealed copy of PASSING SHIPS from somebody on eBay about 6-months ago, and it had Sam Rivers' CONTOURS in it. :huh: Those two Conns weren't even from the same series - what gives??

Ironically, a buddy of mine bought COUNTOURS (also a sealed copy, from a distributer)- and it had the right disc in it (it played CONTOURS), but it didn't have ANY printing on the disc itself, none at all. Wasn't a CDR, but a real silver-disc, but with no printing on it.

Gave him my extra CONTOURS (out of the PASSING SHIPS packaging), to go with his COUNTOURS packaging, and he gave me the blank CONTOURS disc. Then I bought another copy of PASSING SHIPS, burned it, and gave him the burn (along with the extra PASSING SHIPS packaging I had), and all was well -- for the most part. :wacko:

Yeah, another EMI QC problem.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

A friend of mine once had a copy of Led Zeppelin's Coda which had what I can only describe as German choral music on it. Definitely a confusing moment for any 15 year old.

I wonder if anyone out there has a mix up that they havent noticed. Im sure to many newbies if the instrumentation is similar they might not notice.

When I was in college I bought a copy of Gerry Mulligan's Historically Speaking, which was a mid-60s re-titling of his early 50s album Mulligan Plays Mulligan.

Inside was a copy of Soultrane. Soultrane had the proper labels, etc.; it was just in the wrong package. I didn't bother to complain. I never really came to like Soultrane, but the store didn't have another copy of Historically Speaking so the best I could hope for was getting my money back, which wasn't what I wanted.