Just upgraded to version 2.1.3

Jim Alfredson

So if I post again in a thread I just posted my second (possibly unrelated, like: quoting another post from that thread than what I quoted in my first post) just gets attached to the previous post???

damn man, reading that makes my head hurt. It looks like you need a bit more time to re-read what you wrote before you post anyhow, so the anti-7/4 posting mode should pose no problem for you.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I post again in a thread I just posted my second (possibly unrelated, like: quoting another post from that thread than what I quoted in my first post) just gets attached to the previous post???

damn man, reading that makes my head hurt. It looks like you need a bit more time to re-read what you wrote before you post anyhow, so the anti-7/4 posting mode should pose no problem for you.

What are you talking about, man?

you know, I re-read *before* I hit the "post"-button, usually!

So if I post again in a thread I just posted my second (possibly unrelated, like: quoting another post from that thread than what I quoted in my first post) just gets attached to the previous post??? Sucks!

How long would I have to wait to prevent that from happening? One minute?

Yes, that's very confusing (the board behaviour, not your post :))

So quoting the same post several times still ends up in one post, also...

So if I post again in a thread I just posted my second (possibly unrelated, like: quoting another post from that thread than what I quoted in my first post) just gets attached to the previous post??? Sucks!

Thanks for understanding! I find that confusing, really!

Otherwise, as I said, it's cool not to have those glitches anymore, AND Jim: I really like the new colours, too! With the purple stuff around and the orgo-logo on top, the site still looks a bit warmer than the other bluish boards.

Now how fast can you post? Four in one? I did four in two before, but if Claude hadn't posted in between... :P

Now how fast can you post? Four in one? I did four in two before, but if Claude hadn't posted in between... :P

I knew it would get to this. Is 7/4 awake yet?

Let him sleep. He'll come with enough of his useless posts when he wakes up. Yesterday, he's had another busy day of trying to set posts records! Obviously the only thing he really cares about :D

Let him sleep. He'll come with enough of his useless posts when he wakes up. Yesterday, he's had another busy day of trying to set posts records! Obviously the only thing he really cares about :D

Wise guy.

I see he's reading this now...

The "View New Posts" in the upper right corner seems to do the same thing as "Today's Active Comments".

...they're actually slightly different, being nit-picky. The New Posts shows you the threads that have been added to since you were last on the board. Whereas the Today's Active Topics shows you all of the threads that have had activity in the past 24 hrs (or since midnight maybe?).

There are times when I want to re-visit a thread that was active earlier in the day, but doesn't show up in the "View New Posts" search (and I don't automatically recall which Forum it was in, or I'd just go to it). If it weren't for that, then I'd probably be happy with just the "View New Posts" option.

To me, the "Today's Active Topics" is (was?) one of the best things about this board's software, and having a TAT link on every page was extremely convenient. Navigating and keeping track of threads and thread activity is so much more simple here than say, AAJ. So... I'm hoping it comes back.

As of right now, I'm getting back to it via my browser history trail, and then refreshing the page. BTW, I think it was at the BNBB (or was it the original Org board software?) that the TAT page refreshed automatically every time you went back to it, which I always liked.

Doesn't seem to be the case in the Political Forum (at least it wasn't last night), but on something like the Sexiest Album Covers thread, it's perhaps going to present a problem.

It's just kinda wack in general, I think. Is it a fixed property?

I think the new-posts-being-added-to-old-posts thing is a function of time. In other words, if you wait a bit before posting again, it won't merge the posts.

I think it's a good thing, but I'll look into it since I did not change the behaviour of the board to act this way, it just did it upon installing the upgrade.

I'm also working on new skins and you'll have the ability to choose between this current one, the old peach/purple combo, maybe an all purple (lavender) and maybe something totally funky! The skins seem to be much easier to edit this time around, although still time consuming.

Today's Active Topics is now back at the bottom. All this time I was working on the wrong frickin' skin.

DUH! :blush:

Is the order of the log-in bar correct!? I seem to remember that it got changed and I had to revert it back to something else last time.