Hey, when are they gonna RVG Workout?

BruceH

AND I have a JRVG so who cares?  :P

Those of us on a tighter budget care! I do have the original CD.

I have the original cd too, as well as the original of "Another Workout". It would be nice to have them reissued though! Good music!

Which Mobley albums are you referring to that haven't 'been done', Jazz Kat?

I have the original cd too, as well as the original of "Another Workout". It would be nice to have them reissued though! Good music!

Which Mobley albums are you referring to that haven't 'been done', Jazz Kat?

Some of the 50's stuff on the Mosaic box haven't been domestically issued on individual CD's.

I think I paid about $14 for my copy about 5 years ago - from a German site now out of business.

Now out of business because they were selling JRVG's for only $14. :rolleyes:

No, it was Amazon Germany (Chuck's just forgetful) and they're still in biz. Kevin B. first brought it to our attention years ago and we all raided the place. I think I snagged 15 or so.

there's a february batch of USARvG's comming up so let's keep your fingers crossed Workout will make it (I have the regular TOCJ, JRvG and the TOCJ24 so I don't need it). The TOCJ24 aren't expensive and sound superb IMO so for those who can't wait that's the route to go!!!

Hey Bluerain

What is your sound quality opinion regarding Workout?

I have the regular Ron McMaster 1988 edition (Holland).

Is it worth an upgrade and is the TOCJ24 (which I have acouple of nice sounding titles from) the best?

Usually I prefer the 90's TOCJ though.

/Shaft

Shaft:

In my opinion the TOCJ24 are superior to the regular 90's TOCJ's which are darn good as well. I didn't compare them all but the overall caracteristics of the 24 Bitters are very well produced by my system (and to my ears). Other people on this board can tell you excactly the opsite so it all depends on taste and system and what we want to hear (or not want to hear is maybe better to say).

Shaft:

In my opinion the TOCJ24 are superior to the regular 90's TOCJ's which are darn good as well. I didn't compare them all but the overall caracteristics of the 24 Bitters are very well produced by my system (and to my ears). Other people on this board can tell you excactly the opsite so it all depends on taste and system and what we want to hear (or not want to hear is maybe better to say).

Thanks for your opinion!

I understand your comments about personal taste. My preferences are a transparent, full (bottom end) and soft on the ears sound. Much like XRCD's or K2 master. In my opinion the TOJC are very consistent and nice. The two TOCJ I have so far are also nice in my system (fairly high-end) a bit brighter but not overly so. (Mobely's Dippin' and Self Titled with the "Alien Saxophone Cover")