Sennheiser HD 202 headphones

CJ Shearn

I think I may need to change my headphones especially since my music w/o headphones has disturbed the neighbors recently. I have $40 noise cancelling Maxell headphones that have fell apart in less then a year, so I only really want to spend $20-30 on a new pair, and I've heard the Sennheiser HD 202 are pretty decent for the price. read a couple reviews o/l but what do everyone here think? thanks

any other fav. reviews? I was looking at Grado SR-60's and I have no doubt they sound incredible but the fact I read they don't travel that well for portability, and that they don't seal out much ambient noise is a concern to me. Plus they aren't in my budget, so I hope I will make the right choice going for the Sennheiser's with the amount of money I want to spend.

How long did you have them for? Did you do the whole "burn in" thing?

How was the sound leakage? Im afraid my significant other will kill me if she hears buzzing music across the room all the time.

I had mine for several years. Those backs are wide open. They will prevent your next door neighbors from hearing your sounds, but others in the same room as you will hear many things.

I thought the sound of the SR60s was quite nice; however, they were the benchmark of high fidelity for me. I have had nothing further up the hi-fi headphone food chain.

Sennheiser has long been my headphone of choice. I have a pair of HD470's that I use for several hours a day at work, and have had them for several years. I've listened to many other headphones in the same price range (these were about $50), and nothing else came close for me as far as sound quality.

A little late on this one, but here's a vote for the SR-60's. They've served me well over the last 9 years... only "upgrade" I made was to the XL ear pads.

While they've been replaced with Shure E3's on the road, they're still a sweet match with my Rega headphone amp in the big rig.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of these myself. I need them for night listening, too. My downstairs neighbor just complained about my playing music too late. Given my late hours at my "day job" and the fact that I need to listen to music in the wee small hours for my reviews and articles, I need headphones bad.

This thread came at an opportune time for me as well. I expect them to arrive next week. I'll report back.

I got mine yesterday, too. Happy with them so far!

I had them delivered to my office, so the bus ride home was my first test. I was a bit stymied about what to do with the ten feet of cord, but I realized later that I just hadn't found the little plastic doohickey to wind the excess onto. That solved that.

They sound good to me, but then, I'm comparing them to earbuds and other more portable phones. I'd expect pretty much any full-size cans to improve on those.

So, I like 'em. The only downside is, I feel like a bit of a dork walking around with them on. But I guess it's better to feel good (from the music) than to look good.