True Confessions

Brownian Motion

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the singing of Glen Campbell, specifically the Jimmy Webb-John Hartford material that he recorded in the late '60s or early '70s. Even the sugary strings and blaring horn sections can't disguise the quality of the songs and the sincerity of Campbell's delivery.

I'm that old. ^_^ And I agree.

Okay... here goes... the last time PBS ran the documentary on The Carpenters, I watched it... the whole thing... and... I... :unsure: enjoyed it.

I'll go for the hat trick: I also dig a lot of Andy Williams' old Columbia stuff.

BTW, this thread is right along the lines of these:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...uilty+pleasures

Can't get that thread from your link, but thanks for reminding me of it! It's the tread many folks said they like Gino Vanelli! :eye:

Weird, the web address seems to show the keyword search used to find the thread...let's see if this link will be clickable for others...

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...1&hl=toto+coelo

I have and still enjoy a near complete collection of all of The Fixx. At least most of their regular full-length releases, including a bunch of moderately obscure live dates - EU releases mostly. Probably 12-15 CD's total.

I started with just their greatest hits disc about 10 years ago, and then over time I found most of the rest of it in used bins, here and there.

You know how it goes, "One Thing Leads To Another". :ph34r:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Ashlee Simpson & Evelyn Ashford (I guess that's who they were) wrote some very good songs and made some very good records.

Yeah but did they lip sync on those too?

Worse - they don disguises!

p22112od1tt.jpg

Ashlee actually looks 1000% (or more!) better, but Evelyn, certainly an attractive woman, makes a just plain butt-ugly dude! She should get advice from Lily Tomlin.