LF: Larry Young Mosaic Disc 4

I recently bought the Larry Young Mosaic set on ebay but unfortunately there is a very small scratch on disc 4 causing it to skip. :(

I know it is a long shot but I thought that I'd check to see if anyone happened to have a spare copy of this disc in mint or near-mint condition.

I have checked with Mosaic and they are out so you're my only hope. :unsure:

I maybe should have mentioned that I had spare Curtis Fuller and Art Blakey (all except disc 4) Mosaic individual cds to trade if anyone had the spare Larry Young.

Edited by djcavanagh

EAC can extract data from scratched discs. I have done it before.

There are also refinishing services out there. I've never used them but I've heard good things about them. It should set you back about $5.00 to get it resurfaced. I would try to extract the music using EAC before sending it out.

FWIW, I would not recommend buying/using one of those "Disc Doctor" machines that they sell at most chain stores. Those things just scratch up your CD more than it already was. Go the professional route where they use glass polishing machines.

Kevin

Here's a home solution (very cost effective). Use car pollish and the scratch is gone (or as good as).

Whoa, be careful with that, some car polishes have a grit in them. Make sure if you're going to try this, check that the polish says it's safe for "Clear Coat" finishes!

I've used SoftScrub (works, but the disc looks crappy after) as well as Crest toothpaste (doesn't work no matter how hard I tried). I've been told glass polish will work but it takes a lot of "elbow grease".

EAC can extract data from scratched discs. I have done it before.

There are also refinishing services out there. I've never used them but I've heard good things about them. It should set you back about $5.00 to get it resurfaced. I would try to extract the music using EAC before sending it out.

FWIW, I would not recommend buying/using one of those "Disc Doctor" machines that they sell at most chain stores. Those things just scratch up your CD more than it already was. Go the professional route where they use glass polishing machines.

Kevin

Thanks for the advice Kevin. I think that I am going to try and get it resurfaced this week.

I maybe should have mentioned that I had spare Curtis Fuller and Art Blakey (all except disc 4) Mosaic individual cds to trade if anyone had the spare Larry Young. I have added this to the original post.