Create Your Own Music/Ringtones

BeBop

Haven't had an opportunity (time or phone) to try this, but for your information:

http://tones.wolfram.com/

About WolframTones

When prominent scientist Stephen Wolfram published A New Kind of Science in 2002, it was immediately hailed as a major intellectual landmark. Today the paradigm shift that Wolfram's work initiated is starting revolutions in a remarkable range of areas of science, technology--and the arts. WolframTones is an experiment in applying Wolfram's discoveries to the creation of music.

At the core of A New Kind of Science is the idea of exploring a new abstract universe: a "computational universe" of simple programs. In A New Kind of Science, Wolfram shows how remarkably simple programs in his "computational universe" capture the essence of the complexity--and beauty--of many systems in nature.

WolframTones works by taking simple programs from Wolfram's computational universe, and using music theory and Mathematica algorithms to render them as music. Each program in effect defines a virtual world, with its own special story--and WolframTones captures it as a musical composition.

It's all original music--fresh from "mining" Wolfram's computational universe. Sometimes it's reminiscent of familiar musical styles; sometimes it's like nothing ever heard before. But from just the tiniest corner of the computational universe WolframTones can make everyone on Earth their own unique cellphone ringtone. It's a taste of what it's like to explore the computational universe--and a hint what's to come...

Playing with this the other day...

I think David, especially, would enjoy the pitch mapping and

the 404 different types of scales (ragas, ragas, ragas!).

If I didn't so hate cell phones, I'd probably use this just to annoy other users.

I'm having problems getting this to play...

Whasitdoin when you hit "play"?

The top one is a fast multitempo doorbellklang

and the one underneath is a faster version with

a little more ride cymbal peeking out.

Doesn't matter what mine sounds like -

it's the access to the scales, tempos, etc

that should keep you busy for a few months!

Rod

If I didn't so hate cell phones, I'd probably use this just to annoy other users.

The pitch mapping is a global setting that makes everything higher or lower in pitch. No settings for each note, so no microtones.

I like the ones you found.

The pitch mapping is a global setting that makes everything higher or lower in pitch. No settings for each note, so no microtones.

I like the ones you found.

Me too! I just downloaded it to my new cell phone. :)

:lol: Ok, well, don't be surprised if you find it used in some way on a forthcoming CD.

David: yes, there's no individual note settings, but there are an incredible variety

of scales provided - lots of Raga settings, "Messiaen Truncated Mode", "Zirafkend",

"Mela Citrambari", "Takemitsu Tree Line Mode", Jazz Minor Inverse" and over 300 more.

Pretty great for studying if for nothing else. :tup