organissimo marches on Washington, DC!

GregN

Dang, I was thinking of driving down, I don't know about driving that far in Feb. weather. Maybe I could take the train if it's close to the venue.

We will be shooting for another east coast mini tour in Feb. So it is quite likely that Jim and the boys will be closer than D.C. to ya. :)

G

Dang, I was thinking of driving down, I don't know about driving that far in Feb. weather. Maybe I could take the train if it's close to the venue.

We will be shooting for another east coast mini tour in Feb. So it is quite likely that Jim and the boys will be closer than D.C. to ya. :)

G

Cool. I should do a recon drive to New Brunswick, NJ to see what the scene is now. It's only a 1/2 hour away, I used to live down there but I've lost touch with the scene. Get that Rutgers crowd in!

And you might want to check this place out. I've never been there, but it looks pretty established in an upscale town.

New Brunswick has The Raritan River Club, The Old Bay, Delta's, The Court Tavern, The Corner Tavern, maybe a couple of other even lesser things. The last two bars can probably be ignored as they are almost exclusively rock when they book anything and jazz at The Court Tavern was an upstairs thing paying nearly nothing. But the first three are restaurants which might be possible.

Mike

New Brunswick has The Raritan River Club, The Old Bay, Delta's, The Court Tavern, The Corner Tavern, maybe a couple of other even lesser things. The last two bars can probably be ignored as they are almost exclusively rock when they book anything and jazz at The Court Tavern was an upstairs thing paying nearly nothing. But the first three are restaurants which might be possible.

Mike

The Raritan River Club - it's been years...I didn't know they book Jazz.

The Old Bay is the place I was thinking of, I just couldn't remember the name. Back then the place used to be packed, I'll check it out this weekend, take a drive down on Fri or Sat and see what's happening.

Don't know Delta's. Don't think the Court or the Corner is happening.

Thanks for refreshing my memory Michael.

Edited by 7/4

Was it something I said?

Bertrand.

Of course not. :)

But it is a matter of travel logistics on this end. Something huge just came in for the midwest on that date (not that the Blues Alley isn't also huge) , AND we want to build a tour around D.C. A few extra months will make tour building a bit easier for D.C. and we don't have to worry about building a tour around the midwest thing, as it is fairly close to home.

g