NFL Weekly Pool

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

conn's gotta be a little worried.....

:)

worried? no kidding!

5 frigging turnovers. Those two turnovers in the first half came just when we were taking over the game and beginning to dominate. This is a very painful loss.

We had a great run; and we'll have to rebuild next year. We had 6 defensive backs on injured reserve. We need to heal and stock up for another run.

In the meantime, I will certainly root for the Broncks to beat Indy, but I doubt that it will happen. It's Indy's year...

Ah, sweet justice. :tup

Who am I kidding? I hate Denver too, and take little pleasure in watching them win.

The Pats of the last three years are easily one of the best teams I've ever seen. They had to have the ball bounce against them at some point.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!! Finally!!!! I've been a fan of this team since 1981 or so...it's been a long wait...

Matt Hassleback & Darrell Jackson deserve major props today for stepping it up and winning without their main weapon in the backfield.

Denver was just plain dominate, very good game...the Pats were just outplayed in the end.

The Pats of the last three years are easily one of the best teams I've ever seen. They had to have the ball bounce against them at some point.

Yes, and we knew it would happen at some point, and we knew it would be painful when it does happen. I am consoled by the fact that I don't believe the Pats would have gotten past the Colts in the AFC championship even had they found a way to win in Denver. We weren't good enough this year. We were good, but there are better teams.

Now we can get our injured people back on the field next year; work out which players we lose and gain by free agency; and use our extra mid-round picks in the draft to pick up some young blood. Football never ends.

May the best team left win the Super Bowl!

helluva play by watson tracking down "chump" lett

Wasn't the first time that Watson did that on a turnover.

Earlier in the season (I don't remember the game) a defensive back was sprinting all the way with blockers to the side; no one was close. Then this huge streak races into view and knocks the guy out of bounds.

It was Ben Watson!

He's one of the fastest guys in the league even if he's a tight end.

Was drafted at the tail end of the first round in 2004. Pats got criticized because no one thought he was a first round pick, and the team already had Dan Graham and Christian Faurea at tight end. He got placed on injured reserve his first year in the league, so 2005-6 proved to be his rookie year in the league. Everybody on the team loves Ben Watson!

Those two turnovers in the first half came just when we were taking over the game and beginning to dominate.

And I ran out of money at the table just as I was getting ready to get a Full House, 4 Queens, and a Royal Flush.

huh?

:wacko:

You heard me! ;)

Defence begins to dominate game then special teams and offense turn the ball over. My point stands.

Stick to music...

Those two turnovers in the first half came just when we were taking over the game and beginning to dominate.

And I ran out of money at the table just as I was getting ready to get a Full House, 4 Queens, and a Royal Flush.

huh?

You heard me! ;)

Defence begins to dominate game then special teams and offense turn the ball over. My point stands.

Stick to music...

Dude, don't cry like Belichick looked like he was about to do post-game. WTF was that all about?

I saw the same game you did, and at no point did I see the Pats getting ready to take over the game and dominate it. I did see them starting to get back into it any number of times, but the assumption that takeover and domination would inevitably follow is just a bit too Manifest Destiny/Dynasty-ical, don't you think?

Denver came to play too, you know, and they looked to be playing very good. I don't think that they were about roll over and play dead. Most of those turnovers were created, doncha' know...

Denver was winning the field position battle for the first quarter and a half, then our defence and offense started to take over. That Faulk fumble followed by the bogus pass interference turned the game around and took away the momentum.

Yes, I thought we were imposing our will on them before the fumble and shitty call which gave them an easy touchdown.

Denver earned their points in the second half, and we were forced to press in order to get back into the game.

Denver deserves the win alright, and we had our share of lucky breaks during the last four years, but that was a brave performance on our part, before we got behind on kismet and a lousy refereeing call.

I wish Denver all the best as the playoffs continue.

We'll be back.

(Parcells could use that teary-eyed Belichick right now. -_- )

I read about the Parcells-Belichick relationship on the recently-published book by David Halberstram. Very interesting reading. I'm not buying Halberstram's line 100%, but there are some interesting comments there.

Parcells is a great judge of football talent, in my opinion. He's great at press conferences, and he's a good motivator. But he needs Belichick's brain in order to win enough games.

before we got behind on kismet and a lousy refereeing call...

...and just flat-out getting outplayed...

Okay, Well, it's easy to outplay someone with a lead.

I lament the fact that we were starting to dominate play when the turnover and bullshit call gave them the lead.

I've no more to say on the subject.

Man, you can just about stick a fork in the Colts at this point.

To me, early blame must fall on good-guy (and great coach) Tony Dungy, who had his players resting for virtually a month.

Of course they would come out flat. Steelers surprised my by being able to get a lot of points on the board early. That's exactly what they needed to do to have a chance at winning this game.

Colts look finished...