pimpin' my ebay

If you're so concerned about the low prices you might get, why don't you just offer them here for the price that you want?

I mean, I try not to get upset whenever I see you guys pimpin your auctions, but I've got my ebay search engines pretty well refined already. Promoting the stuff doesn't help (at least with me.) Hopefully, you can find others who are more susceptible to your marketing.

Personally, I offer my stuff here first, then I will go to ebay if nothing sells; but then that's just my way.

i respectfully disagree. i used this board once to advertise some auctions, and soon afterward i received bids from other members. one never knows how little or much you might get for a particular item, especially in this economy. the reason i prefer to auction rather than sell outright is i hope to earn more money, money that i can use to make new cd purchases. if a member wants to offer me the same amount i might earn on ebay, that's great. but in reality, i don't think that happens too often. as long as the board welcomes auction notices, i'll keep posting them.

btw, here's a link to the auctions: ebay

Edited by jazzshrink

conn,

I have never had much luck promoting things at boards so e-bay seems the better route. Look at the ECM thread. I put a copy of Julian Priester's Love, Love up for sale at the BN BBS for $10 including shipping in the US. No buyers for a month. Sold it for $25 or so within a week on e-bay.

I also remember having to jump up and down until soemone bought a copy of Mal Waldron's One Entrance, Many Exits.

OK, Guys, your points are well taken. I guess my annoyance comes from the fact that why alert me when it doesn't offer any advantages? It would be different if you offered Buy-it-now prices; then there is a definite advantage in being forewarned. I guess I can see Moose's point about trustworthiness and so on. Continuez s'ilvous plais! (Spelling?)

Still, Shrugs, continue to offer here first if you like, I'll jump on something when I need it.

Edited by connoisseur series500

this is actually the first time i've ever "pimped" my stuff on any board.

i was on the bnbb every day, but i never mentioned that i was selling on ebay.

i've always been up in the air on this issue, but i guess i've landed on the side of "it's okay."

i do understand some of the comments though.

.....i can't seem to get a link in here, so if you are interested do a search by my user id - rries.........

It may have been a problem because of being signed in on ebay, and that link would be different than if I searched for you...just a thought...here is the linky dink....

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...5&since=-1&rd=1

• 4 years later...