Catching Up With...on AAJ Forum

Soul Stream

I dig the "Catching Up With" thread on the AAJ Forums. They have a good discussion with Greg Osby right now and have had some other good ones. I wondered if we could try and do the same thing here. Personally, I'd like to get a discussion going with some of the older cats still around. Maybe it's a generational thing since those guys may not be as computer savvy. But certainly, some are.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Well, if that's the case, they just moved down another notch in my book, though not at all unexpectedly - that's the feel I have about that whole production.

Isn't this just shilling? Or is it a new twist on payola?

I guess you would need to *purchase* some "free speech" on that board, Chuck. What would happen then?

Mike

Here is a copy/paste of the PM I received from M Ricci:

Chuck,

I caught your comment under my Lorraine Feather announcement and I can’t say I was happy about it.

First off, if you visited the website, you’d see Lorraine was a paid advertiser. I posted that announcement on her behalf.

Your primary board is Organissimo—you’re a guest on the AAJ board and I expect you to conduct yourself as a guest.

Taking a future shot at an AAJ advertiser or at me on my board will result in an immediate suspension of posting privileges.

Michael

Klaatu Barada Nikto!

Wow is right.

I also didn't know we had "primary boards"....

and...You mean Jim doesn't make ya'll pay to be on this site! I knew I was getting screwed. :cool:

Well....just a thought. I thought it might be cool to get some of the older cats that maybe don't get a lot of press or chance to talk about their projects, ect. a place to come and hang a little bit, ect....

Edited by Soul Stream

Here is a copy/paste of the PM I received from M Ricci:

Chuck,

I caught your comment under my Lorraine Feather announcement and I can’t say I was happy about it.

First off, if you visited the website, you’d see Lorraine was a paid advertiser. I posted that announcement on her behalf.

Your primary board is Organissimo—you’re a guest on the AAJ board and I expect you to conduct yourself as a guest.

Taking a future shot at an AAJ advertiser or at me on my board will result in an immediate suspension of posting privileges.

Michael

Klaatu Barada Nikto!

It's taken this long, but my first/worst gut-level feelings about that place have finally been confirmed.