NBA 2005-2006

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the highlights from Lamar Odom's triple double last night? He had one where he dove on a loose ball, then from the ground a la Magic Johnson threw a bounce pass through a defender's legs to Kobe for a dunk. Later in the game he drove the baseline and jumped from way behind the backboard to make an impossible reverse layup. Looked just like Dr. J, I shit you not.

Darko and the boys take out San Antonio tonight. Quite a crazy streak they have going. If they can get Fran Vasquez (lottery pick from last season) to come over, trade Grant Hill (expiring contract) and get a nice pick the Magic would be a damn near top 5 team in the east. Milicic is provin the haters wrong.

Agreed,

BUT do remember that "everyone" on the Pistons "distributes" the ball.... same with Phoenix now..... same with Dallas now...... same with San Antonio...... with Cleveland, LeBron is just plain getting better, not MVP though..... same with Carter.

Should be between Nash, Billups and Parker, giving the edge to Billups this year.

:bwallace:

Edited by BruceW

Chauncey is number one for me, but im biased. Otherwise it is Kobe or Bron. Lakers would win about 7 games without Kobe thus year, and the Cavs would be just AWFUL without Bron.

Until Nash plays defense he shouldnt even be allowed on peoples ballots. Tony Parker? Are you people serious? You replace him with any decent pg in the league (say jason terry) and Spurs are in the exact same place as they are with parker. Duncan is still number 1, 2, 3, and 4 and that team.

Here's a great article from Bill Simmons about the race:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060414

Kobe and LeBron are just plain great players. They are not players who make the rest of the team better. They score a ton of points and I'm a little biased myself....

You can't be Most Valuable Players on a team that is not in the upper tier of the league, just can't be. Now if we were talking about the BEST players in the league or the BEST SCORERS in the league, then Kobe and LeBron would be at the top of the list.

Waayyyy tooo much hype going to Kobe and LeBron. That is just NBA public relations......

Bruce

Kobe and LeBron are just plain great players. They are not players who make the rest of the team better.

How many games do you think Cleveland and LA would have won without their respective stars?

You can't be Most Valuable Players on a team that is not in the upper tier of the league

Of course you can. On the other hand, I don't think Billups deserves serious consideration -- the rest of his team would be pretty good without him.

Guy

Edited by Guy

Kobe and LeBron are just plain great players. They are not players who make the rest of the team better.

How many games do you think Cleveland and LA would have won without their respective stars?

You can't be Most Valuable Players on a team that is not in the upper tier of the league

Of course you can.

Guy

You don't get it, that is exactly what I said, they score a ton, they would be nowhere without them, but Kobe and Lebron do not make their teams better, they just score and win for them....

and..

There are guys on the really bad teams that score a lot, so why not advocate for them to be Most Valuable also.