NBA 2005-2006

Bruce -- the Ws have been rebuilding for over a decade. This was supposed to be their season. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Guy

Guy, don't worry, if you are watching March Madness, you can see there will be a really good recruitment class for the NBA. Looks like some BIG guys are back too.

:)

:bwallace:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I was pulling my hair out at the Pistons last night in the first half. 23% shooting?!? Unbelievable. And with all that, they were only down 8 at the half. They caught a major break in Mourning getting hurt. Heat are playing very well lately. This should be an interesting Eastern Conference Finals.

Jim,

Mostly what the Pistons have to do now is focus on NOT BEING OVERCONFIDENT. Those slack periods during a game can be a real killer during the playoffs. When they stay focused, they are the team to beat period. When that well oiled machine is going, no team can match them, they are so precise. I see the key to the Pistons success this year being that skinny left handed forward, Prince. Give him total green light on any shot he wants along with the successful shooting mentality of the rest of the team and it will be the

PISTONS.

BENCH: Flip must give Delfino, McDyss and Evans much more playing time to make it through the playoffs. He is going to play Hunter to give guards a rest. Jury still out on Arroyo trade.

That's it fellas!

GO PISTONS

:bwallace2:

:w

Good Piston win last night after a crappy loss to the Nets. They were competitive from the word go, which is what they need to do more often. It seems like sometimes (often times) they come out of the gate bored and then get down early and have to claw back.

Last night, they were unstoppable. Billups is downright coldblooded. Even when he's getting mauled (that no-call foul by Dirk, where you could actually hear him slapping Billups arm on TV, over the crowd... wtf?), he just keeps his cool and plays.

Stackhouse was scary last night. I was bummed when Detroit traded him, but obviously Rip has worked out very well. Rip only had 14 points out there, but he had some key three-pointers when Detroit needed them.

Good game! It would be fun to see the Mavericks in the Finals instead of San Antonio.

Mavs still lack that intuitive killer instinct that a champion must have. I see signs of it developing, but sings won't get it done. Those turnovers in the 4th quarter were just plain choke.

The combined winning percentage of the Mavs remaining opponents is something like .570. A tough stretch ahead, and I'm watching to see if they rise or fall to the challenge. It could easily go either way.

Darko had 12 pts, 8 rebs, and 4 blocks last night, including 4 pts in a key stretch that won the game for Orlando. He is shooting 55 percent for Orlando, and he is a blocking machine.

Great win by the Pistons though, showing the Mavs and the Heat who's boss recently.

Cant wait for the finals.

It would be fun to see the Mavericks in the Finals instead of San Antonio.

Gotta respectfully disagree there! :P

Maybe the Mavericks would be easier competition for Detroit, but I don't think the two best teams in the NBA would be competing, then...

Stackhouse was scary last night. I was bummed when Detroit traded him, but obviously Rip has worked out very well. Rip only had 14 points out there, but he had some key three-pointers when Detroit needed them.

Jim, the Pistons traded Stackhouse when they did because Stackhouse had a very very bad attitude when that event occurred. He was considered a head case. Stackhouse was not a team player, he was all "me, me, me." Can't really blame the Pistons for the move at that time.

Having said that, I am confused why they did not give Darko more playing time or send him down to the D league. This kid is going to come back and haunt the Pistons. He is doing well now. (Never know what Dumars is up to, he may have traded him to get him more playing time on the highest level and then look to get him back when he reached his potential, having been the one to give Darko his first chance in the league). :w

Anyone know about first round picks, can they even be send down to the D league??

Edited by BruceW

Only players in there first two seasons can be sent to the D league. Darko was in his third.

As for stackhouse, I dont think he was a headcase, he had actually greatly changed his style to help the team win. It was just that he wasnt clutch in the playoffs, and that he was going to demand a max deal in Detroit, and Joe D didnt think he was worth it.

I loved the Rip trade the day it happened, especially with the age difference.

Maybe the Mavericks would be easier competition for Detroit, but I don't think the two best teams in the NBA would be competing, then...

Compared to San Antonio, Dallas has played a lot better vs. Detroit.

Guy

Guy

I don't think Dallas has a playoff mentality though. They seem to play their hardest during the regular season, then fold. San Antonio plays well during the regular season, then steps it up a notch or two during the playoffs (IMO). They pace themselves a little differently than Dallas.

Guy

I don't think Dallas has a playoff mentality though. They seem to play their hardest during the regular season, then fold. San Antonio plays well during the regular season, then steps it up a notch or two during the playoffs (IMO). They pace themselves a little differently than Dallas.

That's generally true, but San Antonio stepped it down more than a notch or two against Detroit. Maybe Dallas simply matches up better.

Either way this is irrelevant because there is little chance that Dallas will beat the Spurs.

Guy

Edited by Guy

I'd love to see the Mavs off the Spurs, but I have to agree with the assessment that the Mavs tend to crumble come playoff time. Maybe they've got the weapons this year, and maybe Duncan is hobbled enough to level the playing field--but I doubt it. I love the run and gun teams like the Mavs and Suns, they're great to watch. Unfortunately, the half-court-executing, rebounding teams tend to win titles.

You would before it was all over.

The hype machine may be making you want to think otherwise, but this cat is the real deal. He's farther along as a player at his age than Jordan was and seems to be an incredibly well grounded/centered/whatever person.

I never thought that I'd compare anybody to Jordan (in any sport, really, that guy was one of those "once in a lifetime" talents), but damn, James is making me reconsider.

You would before it was all over.

The hype machine may be making you want to think otherwise, but this cat is the real deal. He's farther along as a player at his age than Jordan was and seems to be an incredibly well grounded/centered/whatever person.

I never thought that I'd compare anybody to Jordan (in any sport, really, that guy was one of those "once in a lifetime" talents), but damn, James is making me reconsider.

I hear you.

It's just, I seemed to have lost my taste for the game and it has yet to return. It's a mixture of all those multi-million dollar selfish cry babies, the loss of real personalities, and a season that seems to be getting longer every year.

I know kids like James are out there, but for me they get over-shadowed by all the bullshit.

Maybe next year. :unsure:

Well Catesta,

Then you are missing another revolution in pro basketball. LeBron James is the real deal, character, talent and personality combined with gentlemanly manners on camera. (Now none of us know what he does in private :g ) and we don't need to know. But he is setting a new character standard for the NBA.

Go Pistons

:bwallace2:

Well Catesta,

Then you are missing another revolution in pro basketball. LeBron James is the real deal, character, talent and personality combined with gentlemanly manners on camera. (Now none of us know what he does in private :g ) and we don't need to know. But he is setting a new character standard for the NBA

His commercials are annoying as hell, though.

Guy