WORLD CUP 2006 / GERMANY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Pele, who can hardly be avoided on German TV, and Eusebio?

Eusebio is low profile here, but Pele should be left off the screen for his own good. The guy obviously isn't wearing any clothes and every time he opens his mouth and presents one of his no-content open-door comments to the world, I could bite another piece out of some furniture.

(...) but Pele should be left off the screen for his own good. The guy obviously isn't wearing any clothes and every time he opens his mouth and presents one of his no-content open-door comments to the world, I could bite another piece out of some furniture.

:lol:

Same here

Eusebio is low profile here, but Pele should be left off the screen for his own good. The guy obviously isn't wearing any clothes and every time he opens his mouth and presents one of his no-content open-door comments to the world, I could bite another piece out of some furniture.

Do you have any furniture left?

well, I could bite away at the furniture, but in the end I usually decide to down another beer, hum real loud and roll my eyes.

As a regular visitor to Org, I doubt it... ;)

well, I could bite away at the furniture, but in the end I usually decide to down another beer, hum real loud and roll my eyes.

Must be real noisy, up there in Stralsund...

Portugal's goalie has won the game for them. Terrific penalty stopper!

Hans, you are totally wrong: the English are terrible kickers.

They are, but you can't deny that the Portuguese goalkeeper's performance was excellent.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pele is SINGING A SONG on the telly now!!!!

RUN!

HIDE!

BITE!

I watched two seconds, couldn't switch channels fast enough... Is the man going senile or what??

and just when they were showing some stills from the fight after the Arg-Ger game yesterday. Sheee-itt! That Cufre fegher really kicked Mertesacker in the groin and kicked hard! German television found no video proof of ANY provocation of any kind from the side of Mertesacker. Apparantly what happened was that the Argentinians were making not so nice gestures towards the German kickers stepping up to the dot (edit: Cruz held "the finger" on his lips). Borowski, upon returning from his successful kick, made some return gesture to tell the feghers to shut up and cut the crap. His version is that he made a "calm down" gesture (edit he mimicked "talk talk talk" with his fingers snapping on his thumb); I haven't heard the Argentinian version, but these guys are insane. They should have tested these overheated blokes on cocaine or extreme doses of caffeine.

mfb-5022257-rangelei-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=176.jpg

Edited by couw

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pele is SINGING A SONG on the telly now!!!!

RUN!

HIDE!

BITE!

I watched two seconds, couldn't switch channels fast enough... Is the man going senile or what??

I wanted to change channels, but I had just bitten a chunk out of the remote...

Half time: France 0, Brazil 0; another crappy, defensive game...

I give up... What the f@#$ happened to attractive, inspired and attacking football?? What are these managers thinking? They should all be fired!

I'm now going to watch the grass grow, must be more exciting.

I'm now going to watch the grass grow, must be more exciting.

actually, I spotted a real interesting part of the outer line just left of the middle.

BTW, Ronaldo's handling of the ball should have led to a PK of course. The ref FIRST puts the brazilians into the PK area, THEN he blows on handling by Ronaldo, ERGO: pienantie!

By the way: GOAL! Henry 1-0 for France. Finally!

Seriously, I thought France was really the better team thus far. It is Brazil who has been making this so boring. The French actually have kept trying and turned their initial nervousness around into a controlled game with well built attacks. So yes, those attacks are so well built, they are really boring and they do not come as a real surprise to the opponent, but at least the French did not sit in the back. Did you see the HUGE hole Brazil had between their forwards and the midfield? Pretty shameful if you are not able to turn that midfield around real fast and mount an attack. Ronaldinho actually had to wait pretty long before he could kick his corner as there was simply nobody there up front with him (48th minute or so).

Hope this goal will turn the game.