WORLD CUP 2006 / GERMANY

Still, for me the ref is the one who we should be shaking our heads at. In a game of that magnitude, to give a gift like that with no time left... :tdown

I think that's the problem. Giving him a penalty at that point is just absurd unless the penalty was crystal clear, which it wasn't as he just tripped over the player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of beating this into the ground, my point is that O'Neill takes a big risk (that a foolish ref would essentially give the game to Italy with zero time left) by sliding. Even if he remains on his feet and can't do anything to stop the Italian attacker, what are the odds that Italy scores? I don't know the exact answer, only that the odds of Italy scoring from the spot are higher. Wouldn't Australia have had time to get some defenders back in front of the keeper on that play? (I invite opinions, as I didn't notice on the replays I saw).

Well, "most likely" would have been better for Australia than Totti at the spot.

Just watched another repeat. It was not a penalty, just a "beautiful" dive by the Italian.

Hans, I have to agree with you.

I agree with that too... he could have jumped over the tackle.

Pretty funny.

The only thing that didn't convinced me it's the fact that our players didn't reach the grade of sun tan of the player depicted in the video, you know, we hadn't too much colonies in the last centuries. :P

Edited by porcy62

Well given the level of acting that appears to be exhibited by the Italian players it is just amazing that Italian theater is not more internationally reknowned.

These guys deserve Oscars! :D:angry: or something better.

Well, those Italian actors who played earlier today are certainly renowned now... :tdown

Schwyz - Ukraine: 0-0

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ

Quite.

Sheesh, when is this 2nd round going to get any better?!?

Let's blame the refs.

This one is quirky! The stuff that gets through is amazing. Then someone lifts a little finger and gets a card or a free kick against him. Rarely seen such an inconsistent ref (well outside of Italy then, where they were bought with big money so that's different).

This is even worse than yesterday's game. At least there was something happening there. This is like two robots playing Atari ping-pong ad infinitum.

Well given the level of acting that appears to be exhibited by the Italian players it is just amazing that Italian theater is not more internationally reknowned.

Well, those Italian actors who played earlier today are certainly renowned now... :tdown

For sure they acted better then Van Basten. :P

For sure their acting killed less people then the bunch of B-Movie actors that rules your country. Don't forget to post when GWB and Rove get an oscar or a Nobel Prize for peace. :angry:

For sure their acting killed less people then the bunch of B-Movie actors that rules your country. Don't forget to post when GWB and Rove get an oscar or a Nobel Prize for peace. :angry:

ey porcy, no politics zone here, please.

thanks.

For sure they acted better then Van Basten. :P

Maybe, but this is a football tournament, not an international acting master class :tdown

You guys are pretty offensive, using the same commonplaces about italians: mafia, pizza and mandolino. I presume you wouldn't use the same arguments with black people, would you? Something like 'usually niggers are lazy'. You're pretty disgusting. :bad:

Sorry Couw, I presume you are busy to watch the match, drink beer and kill jews

Just for keeping the level of previous comment of Skeith and J.A.W. ;)

You guys are pretty offensive, using the same commonplaces about italians: mafia, pizza and mandolino. I presume you wouldn't use the same arguments with black people, would you? Something like 'usually niggers are lazy'. You're pretty disgusting. :bad:

Porcy,

Your comments are disgusting and your comment to couw is totally out of order.

Edited by J.A.W.

Porcy,

Porcy, your comment defies belief. Nothing I ever expected to see here. I believe an apology is in order.

Porcy,

Porcy, your comment defies belief. Nothing I ever expected to see here. I believe an apology is in order.

Indeed. By the way, I don't recall seeing a post with references to the mafia.

Porcy,

J.A.W.

it's only a football match, WTF!! I didn't noted any irony in your comments about italians, I read , as I stated above, some sort of scorn about italians in general. What happened in the match is worwide common: all the forwards do such things. I can accept opinions about it, not hidden insults about my country.

I apologize if I overreacted and I apologize because I offended some of you.

Edited by porcy62

Porcy,

J.A.W.

it's only a football match, WTF!! I didn't noted any irony in your comments about italians, I read , as I stated above, some sort of scorn about italians in general. What happened in the match is worwide common: all the forwards do such things. I can accept opinions about it, not hidden insults about my country.

How you interpret someone's posts is entirely your responsibility and should not be blamed on the poster. Besides, you're reading something that isn't there at all. And it's certainly no excuse for your disgusting and horrible comments.

Edited by J.A.W.