Serge Chaloff

Durium

I do need some info about some sessions Serge Chaloff was playing the baritone.

While putting the info of the Serge Chaloff Memorial "We The People Bop" CD ( Cool & Blue CD102) I need some BAND NAMES. I guess I found some, but please change it when they might be wrong:

1-2 Blue Sege / Blue Serge = 21 Sep. 1946: Serge Chaloff Quintet ( Dial)

3-4 Curbstone Scuffle / Nocturne = 21 Sep. 1946: Sonny Berman Big Eight (Dial)

5 Woodchopper's Holiday = 21 Sep 1946: Bill Harris Big Eight (Dial)

6-9: All God's Chillun .. / Elevation / Fine and Dandy / Goof and I = 29 Jan 1947 Red Rodney Be-Boppers (Keynote Records)

10-13: Pumpernickel / Gabardine and Serge / Serge's Urge / Bar Second = 5 March 1947: ? Red Rodney Be-Boppers (Savoy)

14 We The People Bop = Live at the Royal roost 20 Nov. 1948: ?

15-17 Chickasaw / Bopscotch / Most = 10 maart 1949: ? Red Rodney Be-Boppers (Mercer Records)

18-19 Pat / King Edward The Flatted Fifth = 16 Apr 1949: ???? (Motif Records)

20-22: Move / Hot House / Ornithology 25 De 1949 Live Carnegie Hall: Stars of Modern Jazz Jam Session

2005 Copenhagen Jazz Festival and IAJRC Convention

1-2 Blue Serge / Blue Serge = 21 Sep. 1946: Ralph Burns Quintet (Dial)

10-13: Pumpernickel / Gabardine and Serge / Serge's Urge / Bar Second = 5 March 1947: Serge Chaloff Sextette (Savoy)

15-17 Chickasaw / Bopscotch / Most = 10 maart 1949: Serge Chaloff & the Herdsmen (Futurama Records)

18-19 Pat / King Edward The Flatted Fifth = 16 Apr 1949: Serge Chaloff & Ralph Burns (Motif Records)

Also...

The Stars of Modern Jazz session was broadcast on Voice of America and originally issued as IAJRC 20. December 25th is usually given as the date for this session, but I would guess the concert actualy started the evening of the 24th in the early hours of Christmas day.