Stan Tracey new reissue

For any Stan Tracey fans out there this new reissue on the Trio label is a must. It's Tracey's 1967 recording which followed up his classic Under Milk Wood. However, a couple of notes to add. The cover art has been changed from the original EMI Columbia label one. Also, for some unknown reason the track order has been changed (any ideas why?). The sound is slightly weird although quite clear. I am not sure whether it has been mastered for this CD in bad stereo or good mono. Nevertheless, these quibbles aside, its an excellent album and essential for any serious collectors of Britjazz.

(apologies for this post here - I think it should have been in re-issues!)

Edited by RogerFarbey

Roger, being on the "Trio Label" seems to indicate that this would be a piano trio date? No info all at www.allmusic.com on this session.

BTW, good to see you posting over here on Organissimo.

Later,

Kevin

The Trio label is something Stan Tracey's son Clark Tracey started up I believe. As for the record itself, this is a quartet with Stan on piano, vibes and celeste, Bobby Wellins on tenor, Jackie Dougan or Ronnie Stephenson on drums and Dave Green or Lennie Bush on bass. Great record albeit slightly weird re-mastering. Doesn't detract from the overall high quality of the music though. Trio Records TR 569 (but oddly not yet shown on the Trio Records website! www.triorecords.co.uk).