Hurricane Dennis getting strong again!!!!

Usually, after hitting Cuba, they stay weak for awhile, but after slowing down to 90, and looking quite disrupted this morning,(No eye) it is back up to 125, with a tight, perfectly shaped eye, and they expect it to get stronger!!!! :ph34r:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATC...ml/081749.shtml

Edited by BERIGAN

Lots of warm water in the gulf, I thought it would strengthen a bit quicker than it did, but now its looking very symmetrical and its still got a ways to go before landfall. Might be back to 135 or 140 by then, and it looks like Pensacola is going to get drilled again, when they've hardly recovered from last year's monster storm.

I'm just glad it missed south Florida. We hardly even saw any rain in Palm Beach county today.

We had terrible weather after the last tropical depression passed over Atlanta a few days ago, a lot of storm damage, tornados damaged the Atlanta Motor Speedway, 7 miles from our home, even ripped off part of the roof of the condo(This photo is of the race stand)

p1.atlanta.motor.speedway.a.jpg

Yet today, a feeder band passed over us from the Hurricane(It looked like we weren't even going to get any rain from this storm) and the winds were VERY strong, and the rain was heavier than from the last system....

Edited by BERIGAN

I had a brain fart, and couldn't remember where Camille hit in the Gulf, so a quick google search reminded me it was Mississippi...here is an interesting page on the storm, with an amazing photos of the destructive force of 190 MPH winds....

http://www.geocities.com/hurricanene/hurricanecamille.htm

Edited by BERIGAN