BFT 27: Who's Gettin' Some

JSngry

July 3 have come and gone, so here's the final list of participants, and who's going to be sending them their stuff.

Besides the distributors, I'll be sending sets to:

White Lightning

Nate Dorward

indigo

naos

marcoliv

brownie will be sending sets to:

Chuckyd4

EKE BBB

mmilovan

dutchmanx

mikeweil will be sending sets to:

couw

King Ubu

Durium

tooter will be sending a set to:

fent99

martyjazz will be sending sets to:

Dan Gould

Bright Moments

John B will be sending sets to:

The Man With The Golden Arm

Stereojack

Big Al will be sending sets to:

Spontooneous

catesta

Brad

Harold Z

Jazzmoose will be sending sets to:

noj

Jim R

danasgoodstuff

RDK

And finally, Jim Dye will be sending sets to:

.:impossible

Joe G

Stefan Wood

Randy Hersom

A few things here -

• All sets have been burned and barring any major catastrophe, will go out tomorrow morning. As indicated earlier, U.S. items will be sent via Priority Mail, non-U.S. items by U.S. Global Priority Mail.

• Jim Dye has informed me that he will be out of town until July 11. So his recipients might get their sets a few days later than other U.S. recipients. However, I've made every attempt to keep his list as "localized" as possible in hopes that the lesser distance the items need to travel will at least partially offset the slightly delayed send date. OTOH, this will perhaps put his sendees on apprximately the same timetable as our non-US participants.

• Big Al has graciously volunteered to be the Official Go-To Guy for all U.S. members who henceforth decide that they want to participate. I really appreciate this, because I just will not have the time to take care of such requests, thus the July 3 deadline for signing up. I didn't solicit this service from him, nor have I from any non-U.S. distributors, but I know our community to be one in which bounteous generosity is a distinguisng characteristic. So, if you're late to the party, don't despair - somebody somewhere should be able to get you the hookup!

• Unless there's an overwhelming Popular Demand, I'll not have a sign-in thread. You as a recipient probably have a better idea of what's a reasonable timetable for receipt from your particular distributor than do I, and I trust that all distributors will distribute in a timely manner. However - if any distributor, or participant from my direct distribution, does not receive their goods within a reasonable time frame - let me know.

• I don't expect any technical snafus with the discs, but you never know. I did random samplings of the discs after they were burnt, and all seemed ok. But if for some reason you get a coaster, speak up.

Ok, that's it. We should be good to go!

[*]Big Al has graciously volunteered to be the Official Go-To Guy for all U.S. members who henceforth decide that they want to participate. I really appreciate this, because I just will not have the time to take care of such requests, thus the July 3 deadline for signing up. I didn't solicit this service from him, nor have I from any non-U.S. distributors, but I know our community to be one in which bounteous generosity is a distinguisng characteristic. So, if you're late to the party, don't despair - somebody somewhere should be able to get you the hookup!

The above is a true statement and I'm glad to help. I would just add that if anyone wants a copy to feel free to PM me directly, and I'll get ya taken care of!

Count me in for an 'English Heritage' grant. I need one ! :D

I'll 'Do a Rooster' and probably pass for the next few BFTs, Tooter. I've got a mountain of great new vinyl to work through, not forgetting a couple of behemoth Mosaics and some Dutton Vocalions in the 'pending' pile. Will re-surface sometime next year. It's a good job I don't buy those Lonehill reissues otherwise I would be sunk.

Edited by sidewinder

But have you seen the current bid? £101 - 17 bids and still more than three days to go. That's out of my league, grant or no grant.

Know how you feel with the mountain, SW. I occasionally let myself slide into this position. You must always keep up with things - self-discipline is the watchword. :beee:

The discs arrived! Thank you Jim. I will volunteer to forward discs next time around if needed.

Started listening some. Nice listening for the weekend! Glad I seem to recognize a couple of tunes with newbie's luck.

The discs arrived! Thank you Jim. I will volunteer to forward discs next time around if needed.

Started listening some. Nice listening for the weekend! Glad I seem to recognize a couple of tunes with newbie's luck.

Well, I suppose you might be nearer to Texas than we are in the UK, Naos. Glad your in and started. Sounds as though you might outdo a lot of people - not that it's a competition of course. I've got a feeling a deja-vu and from not too long ago. I thought we had a "special relationship" but maybe it hasn't percolated to the postal services. :angry: