Free Music - Thanks Coke...

scottb

I know a lot of people around here don't like WalMart. But I do loves my Coke!

Coke is giving away 2 downloads at Walmart.com for every 24 pack I buy! I usually burn a 24 pack in 2 days if I'm home all day, 3 to 4 days if it's a work day. Bottom line, a lot of free music this summer.

I need help. I was thinking, for a change of pace, I would get a rock or metal or rap that everyone should have and I don't. Like Metallica's Black Album or NWA's Straight Outta Compton but every time I think of something, it's not available!

I also considered making a greatest hits from Jay Z or Snoop Dog or from some recent rock bands like Franz Fredinand, Queens of the Stone Age, Velvet Revolver.

I have literally spent a couple hours for 3 nights in a row browsing music, filling my cart, emptying my car, rinsing and repeating.

I'm giving up and handing it over to you guys. What should I download?

Typically I'm finishing my 3rd as I roll into the office at 9 AM.

I tried to cut back with great success last year but my consumption has crept back up recently.

typical day

6:30 - 1 for breakfast

8:00 - 1 for the car ride

9:00 - 1 back in the car

11:00 - 1 just to hold me until lunch (this one is optional, I'd say 50%)

12:00 - 2 with meal (lately one cafeine free and one regular - my effort to cut down)

2:00 - 1 in the car (my car is FULL of cans)

4:00 - 1 to help my make it to the end of the day

5:30 - 1 when I hit the door at home

6:00 - 2 with meal

8:00 - 1 just cuz

10:00 - 1 getting tired and have some more to do

12:00 - 1 to calm down for bed ( drinking as we speak)

That's actually 14 Diet Cokes! :o Sadly a pretty typical day give or take 2.

Somehow, typing this has brought me to a moment of clarity, THAT'S A BUTTLOAD OF COKE!!! :o

I'll cut back as soon as this music deal is over. ;)

Really, I could quit at any time. <_<

It's not really a problem with me. :blink:

Not to be mean, but seriously, how do your teeth look (just for the record, I have far from perfect teeth)?

I used to drink a big gulp of Coke every day throughout the first half of work, but when I went to the dentist for the first time in about 5 years, I had 13 cavities. Don't know how old you are, or how often you go to the dentist, but you should probably have that checked out.

I'm happy to say I've since cut down to about 1 or 2 every week, and no more big gulp stuff.

THAT'S A BUTTLOAD OF COKE!!! :o

Not a pretty thought... :blink:

Used to drink Dr. Pepper in 64 oz mugs - maybe even twice a day,

but I figured that with easy weight gain, possible future diabetes, caffeine overload,

that it actually was making it harder for my body to cool down during hot Texas weather,

and the fact that I was

rotting my insides and thinking about what I was putting my kidneys thru,

I figured that it was time to cut back considerably. I'll have a 12 oz maybe once a week now.

Have you ever noticed that if someone drinks a WHOLE lot of soda... I mean, A WHOLE LOT of soda, it is usually DIET COKE?

I truly believe there is something in there, besides caffeine, that causes addiction. I crave the stuff even when I'm not thirsty. And when I am thirsty, if I drink water I still feel the need for a DIET COKE.

One theory of mine is the aftertaste. Shortly after drinking a DIET COKE you get this little aftertaste that makes you think, "Boy, I sure would like some more DIET COKE to wash that out and wet my whistle." Actually, it's not an afterTASTE so much as an after-DRYNESS. Last time I cut way back (down to a six pack a day!) I did it with the help of chewing gum which make a coke taste pretty bad and relieves that dryness.

I switched to DIET COKE after college when I was drinking quite a bit of regular Coke and Dr Pepper and started putting on the weight. The switch to Diet Coke increased my intake considerably.

My teeth are not as white as they could be. Last year I had a root canal related to a prior filling but overall haven't had any new cavities since college (>10 years)

Obviously, it doesn't rot your guts out or mine would be rotten. I have consumed lab rat levels of the stuff for 10+ years and are doing fine. Studies showing a link to esophageal cancer are related to it's increase in acid relux from the carbonation. I don't have reflux problems.

I'm a coke addict. I have been trying to give it up but usually drink 2 or 3 bottles a day. I quit smoking 5 years ago. I always told myself that if coke is my only vice, then that's not too bad. Well, i've put on a bunch of weight in these past 5 years and it's time to make some changes.

My uncle still owns an arcade business in Lansing (Pinball Pete's). About 25 years ago when I was 13 or 14, he would take me with him when he went from store to store fixing his machines. One of the benefits, other than free games, was that I could have all the free coke I could drink. I was hooked at an early age!

Back to the original thread topic... any more direction to what you're interested in downloading?

Some considerations:

Santana's BORBOLETTA.

a compilation of newer rock acts. Or maybe even an 80s rock compilation. Poison, Motley Crue, Ratt, Def Leppard, Ozzy

some basic gangsta rap :bwallace2:

Allman Brothers latest live release - it wasn't available

Looked for Sharon Jones and The Mighty Imperials without success

Browsed Fela Kuti

I don't know I just wanted a change. I've got the new RVGs coming soon so I was thinking something non jazz.

I guess right now I'm a bit on a rock guitar kick so something guitar heavy would do. I wish Jimmy Page had a new project!