Tv Shows On Dvd

I'm seriously thinking of getting Friends - The Complete Series Collection. Need something as a stress buster. I know.... I hang my head in shame. :blush:

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

Heaven help me, I bought this today, and I've never seen an episode all the way through in my life.

Arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm still on season one. I must admit that I'm really enjoying the series so far. Very relaxing just to watch an episode or two a day. :ph34r:

The first seasons were good, however as the show moved on, then it got a little cheesy and had way too much sentimentality that i could handle plus the fact that i could not stand any of the main characters anymore made me give up on it

Up to season eight now, enjoyable series, nothing too heavy, so it's nice to put the mind on hold and watch. I agree that the first five seasons are the best, once Chandler moved out, and forced the roommate alignment to be broken up, the series never had the same feel, it lost a lot the chemistry that made it so fun.

Kind of like Mike and Gloria moving out on All In the Family?

Just finished the last episode (The Last One) of Friends this evening, and I enjoyed the series much more than I thought I would. Season seven was the pits, really awful, but other than that one, the rest were very enjoyable. It did change its feel once Chandler & Monica married, but I thought seasons 8,9 & 10 were good none the less. Friends and Scrubs are now Official Matthew Stress Busters

Edited by Matthew

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone picked up the Twilight Zone - Complete Definitive Edition DVD set? I'd like to get some feedback on whether this is a significant upgrade over the earlier DVDs released a few years back.

51GJ4AXDBSL._SS500_.jpg

Ah hell... let's face it... I'm really just looking for someone to tell me to go ahead and get it!

(Feedback still appreciated, though.)

Cheers,

Shane

• 2 months later...

Has anyone picked up the Twilight Zone - Complete Definitive Edition DVD set? I'd like to get some feedback on whether this is a significant upgrade over the earlier DVDs released a few years back.

51GJ4AXDBSL._SS500_.jpg

Ah hell... let's face it... I'm really just looking for someone to tell me to go ahead and get it!

(Feedback still appreciated, though.)

Cheers,

Shane

Damn that's tempting....good thing I'm completely broke. :lol:

Seasons 1-9 of A Touch Of Frost. The only show I'd put on par with Morse.

Season 1 of Waking The Dead. I thought I'd like this but started having second thoughts when the missus and I guessed the villian after about 15 mins, in every show ! . Well intended but unsatisfactory. Do the subsequent series improve, I wonder ?

Started watching season 1 of One Foot In The Grave. excellent up to now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought

Hogans Heroes - season 1

and

Baretta season 1 ..watched the first 2 episodes last night ,WOW a lot of on location shooting

and nighttime shooting . Unlike Columbo which was shot on studio sets and it shows,

with Baretta its more gritty.

Hmmmm..., Baretta. I might have to pick that up.

baretta_cast.jpg

"And that's the name of that tune."

I was just reading something fairly shocking on Amazon regarding Season 2 of the Fugitive:

For contractual reasons, THEY HAVE REMOVED PETE RUGOLO'S UNDERSCORE and apparently replaced it with a lame recorded-in-someone's-garage electronic score.

Securing the legal rights to music used in a TV series when it is re-released in another form is often a nightmare. It's one of the reasons why I never got the DVD's of St. Elsewhere because I heard that some of the songs and music originally used couldn't be put on the DVD. That's ALSO why the DVD release of Freaks & Geeks took four years---securing the rights to all the songs sampled in the series took that long. As for The Fugitive, it's a crying shame, and very frustrating, but not all that uncommon. :(