Tv Shows On Dvd

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through season 5 of the Simpsons. A lot of fun since i had not started following the series at that point, so it's all new stuff to me.

Also, little bit anal about it, but once i watch an episode i have to listen to the commentary track afterwards. Find the crew funny, you get a little bit of the feeling about how they make the episodes together and the interacting between different groups, writers, directors, drawers etc.

Just got Freaks and Geeks the complete series (18 episodes) in the mail. A more perfect show has never been made. The only things that come close are The Wire and, of course, Arrested Development. All three are perfect, but in completely different categories.

Freaks and Geeks is about high school kids growing up in suburban Michigan in 1981ish. Brilliant acting and writing throughout. The most human show I have ever seen. I care about these characters as much, if not more than, most people I know in real life.

Also, little bit anal about it, but once i watch an episode i have to listen to the commentary track afterwards. Find the crew funny, you get a little bit of the feeling about how they make the episodes together and the interacting between different groups, writers, directors, drawers etc.

I do the very same thing! Very interesting commentary, and whats very strange is that it works better the more people in the room(Their room). Oh, keep an I out for some interesting Easter eggs on these sets......

Edited by BERIGAN

Just got Freaks and Geeks the complete series (18 episodes) in the mail. A more perfect show has never been made.

Yep.

Oh, yes! Essential TV on DVD.

I've been watching the Mr. Show DVDs again. Amazing stuff. Some of the best sketch comedy ever; a true successor to Python.

I'm seriously thinking of getting Friends - The Complete Series Collection. Need something as a stress buster. I know.... I hang my head in shame. :blush:

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

Heaven help me, I bought this today, and I've never seen an episode all the way through in my life.

I'll see your "Friends" and raise you "Mad About You", the first season [the best] and the Collection, which is the best, according to those who compiled the collection.

Still love this series. It crashed and burned when they introduced a baby into the mix. No offence to babies in general.

Hurl gentle abuse on me if you wish, for being shallow. However, I think I can redeem myself by having had the complete "Danger, UXB" [a British series on VHS about bomb disposal in the UK and "The News Room", the best series about T.V. news people for years and still watching them.

Edited by patricia

I'm seriously thinking of getting Friends - The Complete Series Collection. Need something as a stress buster. I know.... I hang my head in shame. :blush:

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

Heaven help me, I bought this today, and I've never seen an episode all the way through in my life.

Arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm still on season one. I must admit that I'm really enjoying the series so far. Very relaxing just to watch an episode or two a day. :ph34r:

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

Arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm still on season one. I must admit that I'm really enjoying the series so far. Very relaxing just to watch an episode or two a day. :ph34r:

The first seasons were good, however as the show moved on, then it got a little cheesy and had way too much sentimentality that i could handle plus the fact that i could not stand any of the main characters anymore made me give up on it

Edited by Van Basten II

• 1 month later...

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

The first seasons were good, however as the show moved on, then it got a little cheesy and had way too much sentimentality that i could handle plus the fact that i could not stand any of the main characters anymore made me give up on it

Up to season eight now, enjoyable series, nothing too heavy, so it's nice to put the mind on hold and watch. I agree that the first five seasons are the best, once Chandler moved out, and forced the roommate alignment to be broken up, the series never had the same feel, it lost a lot the chemistry that made it so fun.

51VR7K9MSHL._AA240_.jpg

Up to season eight now, enjoyable series, nothing too heavy, so it's nice to put the mind on hold and watch. I agree that the first five seasons are the best, once Chandler moved out, and forced the roommate alignment to be broken up, the series never had the same feel, it lost a lot the chemistry that made it so fun.

Kind of like Mike and Gloria moving out on All In the Family?