Jackson Verdict

What do we need to eliminate reasonable doubt? Video footage of the crime?

Remember that R.Kelly guy? There was video footage of him allegedly having sex (and doing some more bizarre stuff) with an underaged girl. Also, the dude secretly married (the late) pop singer Aaliyah when she was 15. He was slapped with 21 counts of child molestation charges, all of which were dropped. (I think. At least he's a free and a very happy man.)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do we need to eliminate reasonable doubt? Video footage of the crime?

Remember that R.Kelly guy? There was video footage of him allegedly having sex (and doing some more bizarre stuff) with an underaged girl. Also, the dude secretly married (the late) pop singer Aaliyah when she was 15. He was slapped with 21 counts of child molestation charges, all of which were dropped. (I think. At least he's a free and a very happy man.)

Yeah, he claimed that the guy in the video wasn't him... even though it was filmed in a room in his house!

:o

So maybe I was wrong with my previous post... even video footage doesn't eliminate reasonable doubt...

Justice, celebrity style!

:huh:

I think the jury's decision was probably in large measure swayed by the crowd of pedophilia supporters whom they had to pass each day as they entered the court house. This is a jury that asked to be left alone, then conducted a press conference--this is a jury that went with the immediate flow.

I think the jury's decision was probably in large measure swayed by the crowd of pedophilia supporters whom they had to pass each day as they entered the court house. This is a jury that asked to be left alone, then conducted a press conference--this is a jury that went with the immediate flow.

Not guilty of *all* charges? Well done, folks! Here's your book deal!

Jesus Juice all round!

:blink:

I wonder when we are going to start seeing California prosecutors request change of venue to a different state when attempting to convict a celebrity?

I'm guessing it's not possible, but it sure seems like it's become necessary.

Why not put them in an airplane, fly them to Afghanistan, and have some Bushy friends take care of them? They'd plead guilty in no time, and it would at least be an honest fraud...

Just another in a series of incredibly inept prosecutions. The ironic thing is that Jackson's own tax dollars help pay the salaries of these nincompoops. I'd say that amounts to a pretty solid investment in his own future.

Another thought and them I'm done with this. I don't think any of us can even begin to comprehend the power of celebrity. The crowd of Jackson supporters outside the courtroom was dowright scary. These people are completely unable to judge Jackson objectively...all they can see is a pop star who at some point filled their incredibly empty lives with something they perceived as having real and lasting value. The fact that he's most likely a practicing pedophile is of no consequence to them.

Something has gone seriously wrong in this country, and it's a helluva lot bigger than just Michael Jackson.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

I have to agree.  When the alleged victim and his family are almost professional milkers of the legal system, it's hard not to see reasonable doubt.  I've said before, if the crime Jackson was being tried for was being weird, it would be a slam dunk.  However, last I heard that wasn't a crime...

This is exactly right.

I have to agree.  When the alleged victim and his family are almost professional milkers of the legal system, it's hard not to see reasonable doubt.  I've said before, if the crime Jackson was being tried for was being weird, it would be a slam dunk.  However, last I heard that wasn't a crime...

This is exactly right.

No, he was being tried for- let's just remind ourselves- *child molestation*!

Not based solely on the testimony of the family but of several independant witnesses and supported by past history.

Reasonable doubt my eye. If Jackson had been some schmoe living down the street from you or I he would be waking up this morning in a prison cell.

<_<

This is exactly right.

No, he was being tried for- let's just remind ourselves- *child molestation*!

Not based solely on the testimony of the family but of several independant witnesses and supported by past history.

Reasonable doubt my eye. If Jackson had been some schmoe living down the street from you or I he would be waking up this morning in a prison cell.

<_<

My apologies; I was unaware of his past convictions...

:D

I think that THESE charges were not accepted as true by the jury and they were dismissed.

He may have been guilty of molestation, but so far he has never been found guilty in a court of law for molestation.

In the sense that a jury found these charges unsupported and they were dismissed the system is working and I am glad it is.

Only because he bought himself out of any. He wasn't exactly exonerated last time out... as the judge acknowledged by allowing previous behavior to be used to establish a pattern of behaviour.

I've had it wrong all this time. Jackson isn't made of plastic... it's TEFLON.

NOTHING sticks to this MF!

:w

Only because he bought himself out of any. He wasn't exactly exonerated last time out... as the judge acknowledged by allowing previous behavior to be used to establish a pattern of behaviour.

I've had it wrong all this time. Jackson isn't made of plastic... it's TEFLON.

NOTHING sticks to this MF!

:w

He's the Teflon Pedophile.

I think that THESE charges were not accepted as true by the jury and they were dismissed.

He may have been guilty of molestation, but so far he has never been found guilty in a court of law for molestation. 

In the sense that a jury found these charges unsupported and they were dismissed the system is working and I am glad it is.

Exactly right, Lon.

Here's what juror Ray Hultman had to say:

"I feel that Michael Jackson probably has molested boys. I cannot believe that, after some of the testimony that was offered, I can't believe that this man could sleep in the same bedroom for 365 straight days and not do something more than watch television and eat popcorn. That doesn't make sense to me. But that doesn't make him guilty of the charges that were presented in this case, and that's where we had to make our decision."

I see NOTHING humorous in this situation. Michael (Once again)got away with playing with children's genitals. Children who will grow up scarred. They may never get over it. Perhaps they will continue the cycle, and molest other children themselves. Wonderful. More children WILL get molested by Michael in the coming years, child molesters never stop. In the news, you often hear about guys in their 70's still fucking little kids. Because the system does NOT work. I'm not glad about that......

Edited by BERIGAN

Berigan, the smiley was for Moose's comment that he didn't know about the previous convictions.

See there ARE NO PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS.

You've just condemned a man outside of court for something no court has condemned him!

That is NOT what our system of justice has done. Nor is it what it is designed to do. I'm glad.

Berigan, the smiley was for Moose's comment that he didn't know about the previous convictions.

See there ARE NO PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS.

You've just condemned a man outside of court for something no court has condemned him!

That is NOT what our system of justice has done.  Nor is it what it is designed to do.  I'm glad.

Is your system of justice designed to allow the accused to escape prosecution if he has the funds to buy the silence of the accuser?

If the system works, why does it feel like we've been played for a bunch of chumps?

Again!?