Byrd/Adams - Crow Jim In Action!!!

I hereby volunteer to accept one free copy of all future Mosaic sets strictly for the sole purpose of insuring that all cover photos are appropriate to the theme of the set and the contents therein.

It's a thankless job, to be sure, but what can I say? I'm a selfless type of guy...

they sent me this set to review and I told them the cover looked silly. little did I know they'd just scissor the poor guy out.

I hereby volunteer to accept one free copy of all future Mosaic sets strictly for the sole purpose of insuring that all cover photos are appropriate to the theme of the set and the contents therein.

It's a thankless job, to be sure, but what can I say? I'm a selfless type of guy...

they sent me this set to review and I told them the cover looked silly. little did I know they'd just scissor the poor guy out.

Well, that's what Pepper gets for trying to distract Donald while he's soloing.

For what it's worth I think the cover of the Byrd/Pepper

set is horrible. The photo of Donald Byrd is not terribly

flattering and the limitations of the black & white format

itself worsens it even further IMHO.

Fortunately the music is outstanding hard bop of the highest caliber!!!

Don

Yeah, I've thought about it, but I'm doubtful that I'd get anything more than a polite brush-off type answer, or one that takes the "Byrd as primary artist" stance...Still, I guess it's worth a shot, so I'll send a simple, unloaded inquiry out and see what comes back.

Well, this is what comes back:

Although the set is called Byrd/Adams, these were Donald Byrd sessions.

Regards,

Mosaic Records

:w:w:w:w:w

Oh well, they've got my money, I've got thier set (listened to it all weekend, in fact), so all's right with the world.

But the next time you wonder why some great player isn't better known... :w:w:w:w:w

But I still say that with</. Or, to contextualize it more accurataneously, />with. Gots to be!