help identifying these movies...

Guest donald petersen

Guest akanalog

hey i am trying to take advantage of netflix and i remember seeing or reading about two movies about a year ago or so that sounded good that migh be on DVD.

the first movie was a mockumentary or just a comedy perhaps about a musician in los angeles i think who is searching for some mythical vintage keyboard around LA or something like that....seemed like an indie movie maybe only playing in nyc and la type areas but i am not sure...

the second one is british or australian or irish-austrailian i think-about a guy and his girlfriend or wife and his old friend who is a crazy stalker i think who wants the girl for himself and thinks the friend owes him because there was some sort of an incident in a hot air balloon in the past where the guy with the wife goofed up or something...

if anyone has any thoughts-much appreciated...

As Robert J said, the second one is Enduring Love . I haven't seen the film either but liked the book.

I remember a film similar to the first one, I think it involved a piano or keyboard instrument that was dumped in the street at one point. If I suddenly remember the title I'll post it.

Edited by kinuta

I googled vintage mythical keyboard and the one of the results led to this: http://columns.ink19.com/outsight/Other911.html

and on that page was this:

"This indie film really works. It is an imaginative journey by a struggling keyboardist after his stolen mythical "Moletron" vintage synth. The extreme characters and extreme situations are buffered with song episodes and all of this rarely falls flat. While being a travelogue through hell for a distraught keyboardist, it is also a hallucinogenic musical with music episodes from Beck (as middle man to a Luddite destruction artist), Hank Williams III (gun-toting junkman) and Union 13. This film also includes music by the now deceased Elliot Smith. Beth Orton acts and sings and Future Pigeon is central to the story with its dub pop. Jazz drummer Billy Higgins helps create a Sun Ra-like space jazz scene. Also, do not miss the extensive footage that not only includes complete songs but the impressive Robosaurus car-toting prop. There are a couple of good character actors here you will recognize: Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs ("sweathog" Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington on the TV sitcom "Welcome Back Kotter") and Richard Edson (Stranger than Paradise, Do The Right Thing) and Gregg Henry (Body Double, Sharon's Secret). (3.5) "

More on the DVD from Amazon.com