J&R Sale

BbM7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I checked on Sunday, the sale was over.

After 12 business days I received word today that all but 1 disc are shipping. :D So it looks like the package will arrive right around my birthday. Not bad at all!

Hmm, so that sale is still going on ya say...

To those who've had their orders cancelled or decimated:

My apologies.  I'm always reluctant to recommend anything (a business, for example), but J&R had always treated me well. 

I'm glad that a few people have been able to realize some bargains, without too much misery.

But overall, this has left me bummed.  And so I slink off into the night.  (Tough to do at noon.)

Well, my order arrived today, and although the cancellations of 1/3 of the order hurt momentarily, this is still a hell of a deal on what I got. Still, don't offer any more recommendations my way.

:unsure:

Unless you hear of another sale like this, of course... :g

Last I checked, my May 30 order is still "processing". But one can't check online right now because their website is down. So I called. Agent has no idea what happened to my order, or what item(s) they're waiting for. Said she'd get it authorized and have a partial order shipped today. Not holding my breath. Asked if the website was undergoing routine maintenance/updating. No, their system crashed.

So now 7 CDs have shipped, 8 have been cancelled (including Lucky Strikes), and the remaining 10 are still processing. Called again to ask about this last group, and the agent said they'd ship what they could. I had hoped to beef up my Farmer, Golson, Gryce and Waldron. Still a chance, but this is rather irritating--especially when I read about other's success[es].

What they say has shipped:

Adams- 10 to 4 at the 5 Spot

Eardley- The John Eardley Seven

Farmer/Gryce- When Farmer Met Gryce

Golson- New York Scene

McLean- 4, 5, 6

Taylor- Taylor's Wailers

Terry- In Orbit

What's been cancelled:

Dameron- Magic Touch (I obviously don't have it)

Gryce- Rat Race Blues

Land- The Fox

Monk- 5 by Monk by 5

Russell- Stratus Seekers

Thompson-Lucky Strikes (Not to my order)

Timmons- This Here is Bobby Timmons (not here)

Waldron- Impressions

What's still processing:

N Adderley- Much Brass

Blakey- The Jazz Messengers

Farmer- Farmer's Market

Harris- Bull's Eye

Haynes- Cracklin'

Lateef- The Centaur and the Phoenix

McGhee- Maggie's Back

Russell- Outer View

Waldron- Mal-1, Mal 2

Time to turn to the Jazztet Mosaic, which appears to have been even more affordable. Thanks again to those that put out the alert regarding the Byrd/Adams last chance, as well as J&R.