EPL wrap-up

Well, it came down to the wire but unfortunately, Gary's Saints are headed down.

Fulham (my adoptive team who I have reclaimed since McBride is getting more playing time) looked really good today in a 6 - 0 romp over Norwich. I was hoping Norwich would stay up. They are very entertaining to watch and always play with great spirit.

McBride is finally proving his worth to Coleman. I think he's always had the ability to score but saw such limited playing time it wasn't happening. He's much more than just a scorer or a big target, he sets up quite a few goals interacting with Boa Morte, Malbranque and Collins John. I hope Bruce Arena has been leaving McBride off the US National team to develop new talent and will use him more as WC qualifying continues. He's certainly head and shoulders above Conner Casey and sure Eddie Johnson looks good in MLS but McBride is scoring goals at the highest level.

The bottom race has been more fun than the top as the CL and UEFA spots have been secured already. I hope Arsenal thumps Man U in the FA Cup final. Man U always plays such dirty football when they face Arsenal. It's like they know the only way they can win is to rough the Gunners up and at Old Tratford they're allowed to get away with it. Arsenal looks in top form and the trounced Everton 7-0 the other day so Man U better look out.

Fulham (my adoptive team who I have reclaimed since McBride is getting more playing time) looked really good today in a 6 - 0 romp over Norwich. I was hoping Norwich would stay up. They are very entertaining to watch and always play with great spirit.

Agreed, would have been nice for Norwich to stay up. I like their stuff. In fairness, WBA don't play too badly. The guy Gera is a great player, I think. Tell you what though, Fulham aren't bad, but 6 - 0??? OK, so Norwich's away form is pretty dreadful, but 6 goals shipped against Fulham? I don't know what they were thinking.

Man U always plays such dirty football when they face Arsenal. It's like they know the only way they can win is to rough the Gunners up and at Old Tratford they're allowed to get away with it. Arsenal looks in top form and the trounced Everton 7-0 the other day so Man U better look out.

Hmmm...I sort of agree...but I think Arsenal aren't exactly clean. In fact, I think their foul play is particularly insidious, because it's all chased by angelic/outraged/indignant (depends on the precise situation ;) ) pleas/remonstrations with the ref. And then there's Wenger, who just moans and moans and moans and moans (repeat ad infin.!)

Scott, did you listen/watch the games? SO exciting. To think that at varying stages, each club was staying up. And to think also that there was a situation where Norwich, even beaten as badly as 6 - 0, could have stayed up! 'Funny Old Game...' ;)

I watched the Fulham / Norwich game, the announcers kept giving updates on the others which added drama.

I really haven't seen that much of West Brom to be honest. Our soccer channel focuses on Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. I've seen quite a bit of Norwich by chance I guess. After quite a few draws early on against quality sides I thought Norwich would eventually win a few and go up in the table. I guess they made their move too late.

Arsenal looks in top form and the trounced Everton 7-0 the other day so Man U better look out.

Yep and HENRY didn't even score.

Can't wait to see the final against MU.

Both team need to win a trophy or, well, blank season for both.

And of course I'm 100 per cent behind ARSENAL.

Norwich DO play nice football but they have a truly terrible defence. WBA completely fluked it. Its the Robbie Fowler effect. If he hadnt missed a penalty for God's sake!!!

Of course the real excitement isnt the boring bloodbath Cup final in England but the gigantic tussle for third place, and thus European football, in Scotland. Aberdeen were six points behind Hibs with a 7 goal deficit to make up on Saturday with only two games to go. Abedeen V Hibs Saturday produced an Aberdeen win 2-1 even though Hibs hit the post. Now the last game is the Dons versus Hearts who now have nothing to live for and who are Hibs Edinburgh rivals while Hibs play Rangers who are themselves now desperate to win to take top spot aginst Celtic.

This the best finish to the seasaon there has been since Aberdeen narrowly avoided relegation a few years back. We need to win saturday and Hibs lose and we need quite a few goals to be scored by ourselves and Rangers in the process. This must be the first time in my life I have wanted Rangers to win by a bucketful!

I hope Arsenal thumps Man U in the FA Cup final.  Man U always plays such dirty football when they face Arsenal.  It's like they know the only way they can win is to rough the Gunners up and at Old Tratford they're allowed to get away with it.  Arsenal looks in top form and the trounced Everton 7-0 the other day so Man U better look out.

Have to disagree with this statement. From what I have seen this season Arsenal are every bit as dirty as Man. U. As a Manchester University graduate who once lived a stones throw from Old Trafford during the days when United were pretty crap, I will certainly be cheering for the 'reds' on Saturday.

Anyway, as a Luton Town supporter, this has been a great season with the 'hatters' easily winning the first division :) (albeit, really the third division). Nice to be back in 'The Championship', previously know as the first division (actually the second division). Confusing?

Thanks for the condolences - What a bloody awful season that was! And the relegation not being until the last week made it unbearable.

Even though we have been relegated hopeful there be a few more wins & enjoyment next season.

Edited by Gary

Thanks for the condolences - What a bloody awful season that was! And the relegation not being until the last week made it unbearable.

Even though we have been relegated hopeful there be a few more wins & enjoyment next season.

Good luck for next season, Gary!