Marlboro $14.95 with delivery at www.dumbass.com

Guest mcity4

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I locked onto whoa.gif some guy in his early 50's carrying his portable oxygen tank around the docs reception room on Tuesday and decided 'twas time to crush out my last Camel.      72 hours & counting. 1blushudder.gif

Hang in there, Weizen! At 72 hours, you've made it through the worst! :tup

I prescribe a loooooooonnnnnnggggggg rest from the Politics Forum... and no voting for 25 years!!! :g

Seriously, stay with it, Comrade Weizen. Think of the money that can go towards mini-LPs instead!!! :excited:

I locked onto whoa.gif some guy in his early 50's carrying his portable oxygen tank around the docs reception room on Tuesday and decided 'twas time to crush out my last Camel. 72 hours & counting. 1blushudder.gif

Good for you. :tup

I gave up my dirty little secret (smokeless tobacco) just about 6 weeks ago.

My mother was in the hospital with some heart problems and it just didn't seem right to me to keep it up. I had been using it for years as an alternative to smoking. It's been tough, but I've not slipped back once. I have been using some mint herbal shit they make to help and smoke a cigar every once in awhile.

Guest Chaney

Good luck, guys.

I may seem hard to believe that you'll ever get past the addiction -- coffee without a cigarette? It CAN be done -- but soon you'll be smoke free (and your clothes won't smell anymore / people will no longer stifle a gag when you come near).

:tup

(I hope that comes off as supportive...)

Thanks for the encouragement folks. Passed up the usual Fri. night neighborhood social affair (w/2 smokers) and barricaded myself inside with some newspapers and 5 Andre Previn Trio cds (Gigi, Like Previn, King Size, Double Play & Pal Joey). That's some nice music...hadn't listened to some of 'em in ages. Might be a good idea to stage a monthly 'Kick-The-Bad-Habit-Nite' & wade through a stack of old favorites. Hmmmm, surely we can find another bad habit or two to break, eh, Red Menace? B-)

logo4.gif

B-)

...and thanks again, Andre....

Apparently Nicorette doesn't taste like crap anymore. Worked for me back when it still did...

Yeah, I was momentarily pissed when they came out with all the cool flavors. But then I remembered the results of that crappy gum, and it was fine with me!

I wish my pops would stop smoking. He's 64 now and had a triple-bypass back in 2000. He's been smoking since he was 12. :( For awhile he quit, but he's back to smoking again. I worry about him.

Have you expressed your concern to him? Maybe his wife can help influence his quitting.. My little sister is seriously addicted...