Tower Coupon

BbM7

Coupon Code: 3Days

15% off $25 or more

cool... ok help... if i were to grab 3 or 4 essential blue notes (outside of, say, coltrane and miles), what should they be?

This isn't that great of a deal, given Tower's regular prices for BNs. You might want to go to alldirect or yourmusic instead.

edit: Whoops, I guess you did the deed. If $30 includes shipping and taxes, a pretty good deal!

Guy

Edited by Guy Berger

some of the Amazon.com reviews are truly hilarious. Here's one review for Grant Green's Idle Moments:

THERE IS SOMETHING MYSTICAL ABOUT GRANT GREEN'S MUSIC THAT FORCES ME TO OPEN MY WINDOWS WHENEVER I LISTEN TO HIS CD. I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT THE BLUES MUST STAY OUT.

This isn't that great of a deal, given Tower's regular prices for BNs. You might want to go to alldirect or yourmusic instead.

edit: Whoops, I guess you did the deed. If $30 includes shipping and taxes, a pretty good deal!

Guy

yeah i just checked yourmusic.com. if i plan to sign up for monthly purchases anyway, i guess yourmusic ($5.99 per cd + free shipping after monthly regular price) is the better deal overall, right? is their selection comparable?

sweet... thanks for the recommends. I already have some Mobley and Monk, so I went for

Lee Morgan (Sidewinder),

Sonny Clark (Cool Struttin'),

Art Blakey (Moanin'),

Grant Green (Idle Moments).

All for a grand total of $30.

You did great! Those are four excellent discs- enjoy them. :tup

All for a grand total of $30.

You did great! :tup

Agreed. Now the challenge is — since the coupon can be used more than once — to "refrain" (yeah, right) from buying another $30 batch.

If you're going the RVG route (at $8.28 a pop with free shipping over $25, why not), I'd recommend:

• any of the Bud Powell RVGs

• the Miles Davis RVGs

• the Jay Jay Johnson RVGs

• the Clifford Brown RVGs

Rudy's remastering work of Doug Hawkins' recordings is his best (in my opinion).

Mostly, have fun exploring!

:tup