Weird Internet problems

In our apartment the 'Net has been weird today. Everything works with the wireless router and whatnot, but...Organissimo is one of the ONLY sites that I can access. Everything else times out without loading--Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and so on. Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or is having similar problems?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. interesting. I could not access the internet for a better part of couple of hours from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. And then I could get to Google but not anywhere else. And then after 10 minutes everything cleared up. I thought the problem was with my wireless router and went on a major diagnostic exercise. But in the end I don't think I changed or did anything major....

In our apartment the 'Net has been weird today. Everything works with the wireless router and whatnot, but...Organissimo is one of the ONLY sites that I can access. Everything else times out without loading--Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and so on. Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or is having similar problems?

Organissimo seems to work under every circumstance. I remember last week I couldn't get into any sites. Organissimo was the only one that worked.

I just had the exact same problem. The O-board was fine but everything else I tried 'could not be displayed'. I did a repair to my internet connection and then everything seemed to work OK. But then it happened a second time.

Creepy. Now that I'm hooked on 24 I'm sure that some big catastrophic event is just about to happen which is interfering with my internet access (and thankfully some rogue anti-terrorist agent will save the day in the nick of time...) Can you tell that I'm a third of the way through season three while simultaneously watching season four?

I've tested a bunch of sites...here are the working ones:

Organissimo

Newegg.com

talkingpointsmemo.com

ropeadope.com

Dustygroove.com

Aol.com (very slow)--BUT AOL Instant Messenger works fine

Expedia.com

ebay.com

Those that don't work:

Google/Gmail

Yahoo/Yahoo Mail

Amazon

Any blogs on Blogger or Typepad

CNN

BBC News

jimdye.com

nytimes.com

alldirect.com

epicurious.com

bluenote.com

Edited by Big Wheel

so I restarted the system....

Ah yes - the Windows equivalent of Duck Tape. :g:g:g

I remember when I payed 3 grand for my Mac back in '97..... :angry:

I thought Apple's use of duck tape was much more creative than the PC's, and it hurt a lot more. :ph34r:

At least I don't feel like Ned Beatty in the movie Deliverance when I restart my PC. :P:lol:

I used to work on Macs all the time and I had plenty of instances when they locked up also... :g:g